It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
(female)

whatshouldIdo HB User
Unhappy He says nothings wrong

Have a wonderful boyfriend, well until a few days ago. He has always been real sweet, and loving. We've been together for a few months, and all of the sudden, he has been acting real distant. I mean real distant. He works late sometimes, I understand that part. So I look forward to spenging time with him at night and on the weekends. Here over the past week or so, our time has been less and less. He used to call every morning to make sure to tell me that he loved me and to have a good day. He hasn't done it all week. He has somewhat of an attitude in his voice. He was supposed to come to my apartment to spend the night with me, he didn't show up. And didnt call this morning. I had a minor dental surgery yesterday morning, and he didn't call to make sure I was alright. Then didn't show up last night.

I've asked him what was wrong, and he swears nothing. I really don't see why he all of the sudden is acting like this. He's told me that he's not used to a woman being so sweet, and interested in what he wants for a change. Why would that make someone so distant? If thats even it.

He's been real secerative (spelling) lately too. Any advice? I don't want to push him to tell me whats going on, although I have told him it wasn't fair to me or my 2 kids (that have grown very attatched to him)...

Old 08-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
Re: He says nothings wrong

Red flags all over the place. It doesn't sound very good. The last time a guy acted that way with me was because he didn't want to be with me anymore. I am not saying this is the case with you, but all the indicators would point that direction. Maybe he's got other things on his mind, I don't know. Eventually whatever it is, it will come out. Maybe it's time for a heart-to-heart honesty talk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
(male)

steve41863 HB User

Coming from a mans point of view and dealing with a similar situation within my own actions, chances are he is not wanting to be with you anymore, if like me, it's hard to just come out and say it, eventually he may or may not, if this is the case you need to talk to him and let him know regardless of the outcome, you want the truth, it's not fair being strung along if there's nothing there.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #4
(female)

whatshouldIdo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq0726
Red flags all over the place. It doesn't sound very good. The last time a guy acted that way with me was because he didn't want to be with me anymore. I am not saying this is the case with you, but all the indicators would point that direction. Maybe he's got other things on his mind, I don't know. Eventually whatever it is, it will come out. Maybe it's time for a heart-to-heart honesty talk.

He did say he's had some things on his mind, like his job, (got a ticket recently and drives a truck worried about losing job) ..Everybody has bills to pay. Other than that, he didn't say. He keeps saying that he loves me and he hopes that I know that. I have red flags everywhere

Old 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

Quote:
He was supposed to come to my apartment to spend the night with me, he didn't show up. And didnt call this morning.
There is NO excuse (outside of an emergency) for someone to tell their gf/bf they are coming over, and then stand them up and not even call. No excuse. Someone who cares about you is not going to be that disrespectful and careless of your feelings.

Either he met someone else, already had a girlfriend or wife before he met you, or is going out and being up to no good, getting wasted. And even if none of these things are it, even if he just stayed at home watching TV, that almost makes it worse. He knew you were waiting for him and he just did not care.

Don't clutch on to this one. Don't waste time trying to analyze his behavior. Who cares why he stood you up? The fact is that he did, and you are not a priority in his life. You deserve better than that, so time to hand out his walking papers.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
(female)

whatshouldIdo HB User

Thanks Steve. I am going to try and talk to him one more time about it. I'm a little hesitant because I dont want to feel like I am giving him an ultimatum (sp) but I can't help feeling that if he is going to continue to act like this, we need to call it quits now.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

I have to agree with susieq and steve. Let me also add that if reasonable communication with him is this difficult now, imagine it in a year or two. You two should still be in the honeymoon stage at this point. It's not looking very promising.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
(female)

whatshouldIdo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyArcher
There is NO excuse (outside of an emergency) for someone to tell their gf/bf they are coming over, and then stand them up and not even call. No excuse. Someone who cares about you is not going to be that disrespectful and careless of your feelings.

Either he met someone else, already had a girlfriend or wife before he met you, or is going out and being up to no good, getting wasted. And even if none of these things are it, even if he just stayed at home watching TV, that almost makes it worse. He knew you were waiting for him and he just did not care.

Don't clutch on to this one. Don't waste time trying to analyze his behavior. Who cares why he stood you up? The fact is that he did, and you are not a priority in his life. You deserve better than that, so time to hand out his walking papers.

Oh I forgot to mention that he says he fell asleep and woke up around 1:30 am and decided it was too late to call. What about that?

Thanks for your input.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyArcher
Well said Gypsy! Even if he has problems weighing on his mind, there's no excuse for the disrespect he's showing you.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Does that explain away everything that's been different about him lately?

Old 08-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #11
(female)

whatshouldIdo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiepls
Does that explain away everything that's been different about him lately?

Not at all. I was just telling everyone what his excuse was.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshouldIdo
Oh I forgot to mention that he says he fell asleep and woke up around 1:30 am and decided it was too late to call. What about that?

Thanks for your input.

Do you really believe that?
I smell a rat

Old 08-22-2006, 01:46 PM   #13
(male)

steve41863 HB User

you don't have to give an ultimatum, you just need the truth, it's either a begining or closure, in order for him to be honest,(in my opinion) he just needs to know that it may hurt, but you deserve his honesty and for yourself,, you will overcome and grow from it.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Did he tell you why he didn't call you the morning of your dental visit or the next morning after he fell asleep? I'm trying to understand if it was just this one incident or if it's a pattern.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:51 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nina000 HB User

Hi there,

If it is a one-off thing, I would let it go. It could be due to anything else (depression, work stress, personal issues). Of course he is wrong for not calling you, but this can be forgiven/corrected.
If his behaviour becomes a pattern, then you should worry about it.

Closed Thread