It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 12:53 AM   #1
(female)

josieinkwt HB User
Angry irritated!!!!!

I just want to smack my husband so bad right now!!GET THE {removed} OUT OF UR ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!! He gets in these 'moods' where he acts like everything in his life sucks. Like today he told me what is the point of being here (he is referring to the fact that we both r overseas working 4 a company) he says he wants to go home. I told him we a here to save $ and that going home would be worse off because we would both be out jobs. Then he tells me that we will always have bad credit and will never get a security clearance (he is referring to the clearance because he says you have to have perfect credit to be granted one) He wants to join the army but the job he wants, you have to have a clearance. I told him well as long as we pay off everything and have proof, that he would get one. Then he says yeah like we are ever going to pay that off, our next paycheck is already gone and we havenít even gotten it yet (referring to the fact that we have 2 car payments, insurance, & storage fees) I tell him well it would be worse if we were back in the states, we would have more that that to pay (rent, ele, ect)! Of course anything I say to him he just ignores and just keeps being all depressed and acting like the world is falling apart. Then he calls me ignorant!-just because Im not getting my panties all tied up in a knot about it!?!?! He just gets all ****** off at me like I did these things. I tell him that to get all worked up over is pointless. Really I mean why let things like this overwhelm you?!?! {removed} HAPPENS!!hes just like why r we over here? I want to go home! This place sucks! Whats the point of trying to join the army now! I have no life! GOD TALK ABOUT WALLOWING IN YOUR OWN PITY!! No matter what I said, did, or tried to do he just blew me off. (All this was happening while I was driving him to work)I tried to touch him (hold his hand or touch his leg to comfort him and he pushed me away) Then when he got out of the car he just slammed the door and walked away (normally he give me a kiss and whatnot) so then I call him on the phone and say: I love you too, whats your problem you-- and he hung up on me (which he know is 1 of my biggest pet peeves!!!!) So I texted him telling him what the {removed} did I do, dont take it out on me!! and let him know he better have a new attitude at lunch (we eat together) I highly doubt that he will be any different and that this will last for a few days. He gets really moody like this all the time. I try to make him feel better because I want him to feel better. I guess its tru misery does loves company. I know when I get upset about something my husband will do or say something to me and I feel better (not 100%, but better) I feel like he just shut down when he gets this way and I cant stand it!!!

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 08-24-2006 at 08:08 AM. Reason: If a word has to be asterisked it is not appropriate for these boards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 04:37 AM   #2
(male)

minijumbofly HB User
Re: irritated!!!!!

So he thinks Kuwait sucks huh? Sent him across the border into Iraq. OR have him come visit me in the dark continent. I'll be glad to show him a thing or two. That poor guy....

OK. Seriously, first do try to just leave him alone for a day or so. If he doesn't work himself through the rut by then, you can get more dramatic about it. Some people do need their space/time when wallowing and "comforting" just simply ruins it. It's kinda like a stifled sneeze or interupted sXX. It's much better to just let it rip and be done with it.

If he does wallow too deep and got stuck (say after a day or two) take off your nurse outfit, put on your drill sergeant hat and get to work. Get him a second job, that ought to occupy his body and mind AND improve with the financial aspect of your life.

Nothing counteract self pity better than a good hard kick in the rear, punch in the gut and firm knock on the head. (Not necessarily in that order)
P.S. There will be no dessert until he snap out of it.

Closed Thread