It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 01:09 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

angel_light HB User
Ideas?

hi everyone...

I was wondering what you think would be a nice getaway for you fiance/husband for new years. I am trying to save up some money on the side so I can plan something, nice sweet, and romantic. My sweetie works so hard all year, and I feel like I want to repay him for everything... I was thinking vegas, but that might be too crazy. Any ideas people? I know new years is like 4 months away, but that is only 4 months to plan, and save money. !! thanks everyone for any ideas!!!!

angel_light

Old 08-27-2006, 06:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Ideas?

Well, I see your location is in CA. I'm planning a romantic trip for DH & I next year to Willamette Valley, Oregon. The wines are positively unreal in this region, the dining appears to be mostly of French influence (probably to go with all those delicious pinots!), and the bed & breakfasts are almost scary affordable. One I saw even prepares all of its breakfasts with fresh ingredients found right in the owner's organic garden.

New Years might be a little chilly, tho Nice time to enjoy a fireplace in your B&B bedroom with some vino after a day of tastings?

Another thought -- and this is one an awful lot of people don't get into -- is a special weekend away at Disneyland. I'm in my mid-30s, as is my hubby, no kids, and Disney is still very magical and romantic for us. We're heading there in two weeks, as a matter of fact, for our anniversary (the one in Orlando since we're in Florida and only a couple hours away). Disney during the Christmas holidays is breath-taking with all the special decorations they put up. They also do beatifully romantic things for couples if you ask and plan a little.

Anyway, just a couple ideas right off. What are your interests?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

angel_light HB User

That sounds like a good idea. I just want to know some romantic places I could take him, just him and I. Last year was boring, we sat here with his brother watching the last 10 minutes of the count down, while him and his brother mostly hung out.

Year before was boring, he was working on things while I watched the count down by myself, but both years we toasted each other and had wine. That is as romantic as it got.

But the year before that was beautiful. We were together, held one another, watched the count down with my family, shared some wine.

I just really would like to do something romantic for him this year. Just him and I.. but I am desperate for ideas!

Last edited by angel_light; 08-29-2006 at 06:35 PM.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

angel_light HB User

Anybody have ideas?

What about you guys? What would be romantic in your minds to have your fiance/or wife take you or do.

I am starting to save, just trying to think of what to save for.

I would prefer to do this, instead of buy a whole bunch of presents he does not need. Plus he buys everything before I can!

And he has everything. The only thing I know he wants is a 50,000 car. Of which is impossible right now! lol

Old 08-30-2006, 05:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Do you have a really swanky hotel/resort in your corner of the world? We have a Ritz-Carlton here. I'm thinking something like that (in LA, I'm sure you do!).

Maybe just book one night there and surprise him. Have champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries or cherries, new lingerie (or leather if that's what you're into ). Plan some activities for the early evening, a nice dinner at the resort or room service delivered maybe. I'd even opt for a limo to pick you both up (maybe take a cab back home?). I'd suggest professional in-room massages, but they make us sleepy ... not good when you need to stay up 'till midnight and beyond. I like this idea because I do get nervous about folks on the road on holidays. Too many drunk drivers to watch out for.

Another possibility -- this is something I did a few years back just to change up the regular "routine" we do every year -- is plan our New Year's Eve at home, but only the two of us. I rearranged some of the larger furniture in our den/tv room and put a small table in the center of the room. I put a beautiful linen tablecloth on it, linen napkins, candles, fresh flowers, pulled out the good china, fine stemware and pretty much planned a five-course gourmet meal at home. We both love to cook, and he was quite surpised when he got home from work (early day, thank goodness!) and saw our little "bistro" I had done in our den. I had my wine store guys help me with pairings for each course, and we were able to make the meal last about four hours with breaks in between each course. (The breaks are what made it memorable, if you get my drift!)

I'll keep thinking

Old 08-30-2006, 08:08 AM   #6
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

First, you need to tell us more about your other half. What's romantic to you might not be his cup of tea per se. You know, "MEN" ! Grunt...Grunt....

But just for starters, try a cruise. There are all kinds, from Alaska to Mexico, 3 days to round the world and they are actually quite affordable. Cruises nowadays are not boring at all, it's quite safe and it most definitely has all the necessary ingredients for some extremely romantic evenings. This applies to almost all cruise lines and tours.

Another change of scenary would be skiing at Tahoe. It's a beautiful area, not too far from CA and SNOOW ! It doesn't really matter if you ski or not, there is something about fireplaces and hot tubs that always leads you to you know where. At least it does for me.

Give us more input, we'll try to help you out. New Year is not that far away, make up your mind soon so as not to book too late. It'll end up costing a lot more if you get past September.

Closed Thread