It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
(male)

jeg779 HB User
EX-g/f Bday.

So yes, ex's bday is on the 2nd.. we just broke up to day and she still says she loves me and stuff. It started off as a break. But now full out seperation. My question is should I go to the bday or not? She said she isn't sure if i should show up or not, because she is a flirty drunk and doesn't want to hurt me. Whats the deal? but she wants to start things over in a month or so.... i'm confussed.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User
Re: EX-g/f Bday.

Did she break up with you? If so, I don't think you should go to the b-day party. You can call her with birthday wishes since you only just broke up, but that's about it, I think. That's a bit arrogant of her to say she'll be flirty with other guys.

If you broke up with her, I still don't think going to her b-day is a good idea. Just call her with b-day wishes or send an ecard if you want. I think that would be enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User

I'd say don't go ... let her think you have your own life to live and if she doesn't have time for you, you don't have time for her.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
(male)

caladbolg HB User

No point in going.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

If you guys broke up, what's the point of going? I wouldn't even acknowledge her birthday. I'd just blow it off. You're not going out anymore, why should you say anything to her?

You need to go out with your friends and spend time with them. Who cares what she's doing or what day it is? She's not your girlfriend anymore. Just forget about it and move on. If you go to the party, you're going to be miserable seeing her flirting with other guys. If you call her on her birthday, you're just going to start rehashing all of the old BS about why you broke up in the first place. What's the point?

The only way to handle a breakup correctly is to totally cut that person out of your life. No contact again, ever. Because that is the only way to force yourself to get over them. If sometime in many years, you happen to run into her, fine. But you need to start focusing on your future without her now. There's no point in prolonging that part of it. It's time to just move on and forget about this one.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
(male)

thirty-three HB User

Don't waste your time on this loser please. She wanted a break, then a full seperation, doesn't want you to go to her birthday because she drinks and flirts, but does wannha start things all over again in "another" month time. This is such BS. You should spend your time and effort to look for someone who is as serious about relationship as you.

Good luck.

Closed Thread