It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
(female)

alovesupreme HB User
Exclamation Flirtatious women

Hiya guys

I don't really have a problem, I'm just bewildered.

My boyfriend is an attractive guy, so it doesn't surprise me that, once in a while, I would encounter a woman that would care to stare. But, in stead, it seems that most places we go, there seems to be a woman that is purposely IGNORING me and attempting to flirt with my man right in front of me! And when I say this i don't just mean "talking", I mean physically touching and getting overly close. One girl likes to keep her hand on his leg while they speak while another prefers to sit on his lap! (Which of course he never allows). I know at least 3 women who we see frequently at uni that without fail attempt to get physically close to my boyfriend. And then there's friends of friends that we meet, who we are introduced to as a couple, who then proceeds to pull my boyfriend aside and personally introduce him to one of her female friends! For no other reason than "boy, meet girl. *wink*". I just stand their with my mouth open half the time, having absolutely no idea what to do in this situation. We have a good old laugh about it afterwards, but it's kind of annoying at the time. What do you do? It seems that these women just don't care that he has a partner.

I suppose i'm not really asking for advice... I'd just love to know if anybody here has been in this situation before and what you can do to stop thinking about it? I'm by no means posessive and I do understand the possibilities of attraction. I guess I'm just disappointed that I seem to be surrounded by women who are attempting to act on them by trying to pounce on my man in front of my very eyes? Seems really odd to me!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 06:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User
Re: Flirtatious women

Just remember you are the fabulous women he goes home with. Don't sink to these women's level, because cream rises to the top. You need to let your man know, by your actions, that these women don't disturb you, because you KNOW that you are the HOTTEST woman in the room and you have nothing to worry about. Trust me, when he sees you, believeing it, he will follow your lead. Don't feel or act threathened. He'll wonder if there might be a reason.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #3
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

Welcome to the crazy world of courtship. This is just everyday events actually although people generally thinks of this situation more with the gender role reversed.

Just be confident with yourself. Be calm & cool...until somebody crosses the line. Then you let these flirts know that you are not all furs and purrs. Believe me, being territorial with your BF is necessary from time to time in the enviroment you described.

BTW, which uni did you say this was again??

Old 08-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #4
(female)

Kentucky_Miss HB User

Yes, the whole thing seems odd to me. I sense that it bothers you, but not to the extent of waging all out war against these women. I can not say that I would be so cool and collected while my man was at the mercy of these touchy, feely women, lol, but at the end of the day, you are the one who has cope with it or forget about it. I think a nice talk is in order here, and ask him how he would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijumbofly
Just be confident with yourself. Be calm & cool...until somebody crosses the line. Then you let these flirts know that you are not all furs and purrs. Believe me, being territorial with your BF is necessary from time to time in the enviroment you described.
I agree: sometimes you just have to "gently" remind them that he's off limits as your boyfriend. I don't know why but it seems many women are getting more and more aggressive with going after guys who are taken, and they don't have any consideration if he's in a relationship or not. I've experienced this situation, too. My ex fiance had a female friend who got on my nerves so much because she would talk in this "sweet," fake voice around my then fiance and would try to touch him every chance she got, completely ignoring me in the process. I also remember a situation where my ex-bf was buying us drinks at a bar and this one woman sitting there, started to shamelessly pick him up, even though she must have seen that we were together. Ugh. I would slap these women if I could LOL. But the important question is, how does your bf react to these advances? Does he seem uncomfortable and is he trying to extricate himself from these situation, or does he act like he's enjoying it? Maybe next time you notice some woman getting ready to get touchy-feely with your boyfriend, do something territorial,, like Minijumbofly suggested, i.e. YOU sit on his lap, put your arms around his neck, give him a kiss, etc. Nothing excessive, but just to show those predatory women to keep their mitts to themselves

Last edited by SophiaM; 08-28-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Closed Thread