It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 06:54 AM   #1
(female)

shannonkristin HB User
mother in law problems... long story

i am 21 and currently engaged to a 27 year old man, we have one child together a 7 week old son. I met my hunny a year and half ago and have lived with him for a little over a year now. so heres my story, well me what you think!
When i met him, i loved his mother, i sent this woman flowers, we went shopping, tanning, and crusing in my convertable together, she helped my clean her sons house, told me all the wonderful things he said about me... i mean such a wonderful role model and mother. then when things got more serious this is what happened. I work at a bank that how him and i met, well his mom still writes out all his bills and signs the bottoms of his checks. she told me once to keep and eye on how much water i use because his water bill went up, well ummm im doing all his wash and cooking everynight. she thought it was because i was taking showers there, when i always drove home to get ready (i like to be in my own element when gettting beautiful )
shes opened my credit card bills, (she has a house key) she has found my receipts and things sitting around that i recently purchased and has had the nerve to lecture me that i didn't need them. constantly spoke to me about sweeties ex girlfriends. when she found out i was pregnant she hung up on him, then insisted that i have an abortion because i was trying to get pregnant, and she has told this to my own mother, and all of his side of the family. I was on antibiotics when i was pregnant because of BV. she made up some lie going to my sweetie saying my aunt told her the reason i was on them because i had herpes, took him to the doctor and had them run all kinds of std tests oh him and of course he came back fine. this woman has made me miserable. I am at the point that i am done. when i was in labor she was not invited in, just my honey was, not even my mom, while all of them waited in the waiting room she had the nerve to open my door and listen to everything, even after being told by two nurses.when sweetie and i get into fights she has the nerve to call my dad up to tell on me, like he is going to do something. be for real! now when this woman is confronted with everything she blames it on anyone else that she can. she is absoultly crazy.
my reason for writing this is because i am at my wits end, we have been to counciling so many times for this reason. the counciler ever told me to stay away from her, that she cannot be trusted. i have tried confronting her and telling her to stay out of it, and so had he. all we get is this big sob story and that she is going to go kill herself. i have tried avoiding her and not being here when she comes over, or just dropping honey and the baby over at her house, but that is like leaving my child with *****. I have now decided that i live her too, and im not backing down from her... why not she be as miserable as she has made me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: mother in law problems... long story

Hi Shannon....welllllll sounds like your honey had better put his foot down and grow up....He needs to say ....I have a family of my own now to take care of" she needs to have the key to the house taken away...and HE NEEDS TO CHANGE THE LOCKS!!!

Seems as though guys have a real hard tome standing up to theire controlong noisey domminaring mothers....my ex-was the same way....it isn't your place to put her in her place...IT IS HIS!

Good Luck your gonna need it

Old 08-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
Re: mother in law problems... long story

This women sounds sneaky! Have you ever watched Monster-in-law? That is waht this women reminds me of. She may have started out being nice to you thinking you wouldn't be around this long and then once you stayed, moved in and had a kid with her son you suddenly became a threat. Now wth another women in the picture her sign might not need to rely on her anymore and become more independant. Most parents would like to see their child be independant except the ones who need to feel needed so they make their kids dependant on them, like she has. Your boyfriend needs to do his own bills and get that key back from his mom. She may runs his life but she has no right to run yours and dig through your mail! Your boyfriend has to be the one too stand up to her. She is already trying to give you a bad name and it will probably get worse before it gets better, especially if you encourage her son to be a man and be independant. That is exaclty what she doesn't want!
My Mother-in-law is that bad but she started out all nice and sweet too and now she can be very bossy and controlling. It took be a while and granted I still have problems, but with encouragement, I have gotten my husband to be more independant from his mom than what he was before. However it doesn't always work because she's got the whole I gave birth too you guilt trip down. I don't think any girlfriend/wife can top that.

Closed Thread