It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
(male)

onyR HB User
Need some advice

I've been dating a girl for 8 months now. We both have children from past relationships (me from my first and only marriage and her from a boyfriend a long time ago).

Things have been good, most of the time. She left an old boyfriend to see me (I didn't know they were still together at the time) when we first started up and there was a point in the middle of our 8 months that she got back involved with him. It came out and she begged me for another chance.

Now, I was told over the weekend, that she had told some friends that she was going to break it off with me to try and get back with that ex-boyfriend of hers. The people that told me are friends with her ex and I'm sure would love to see their friend happy again. They also told me some of the details on what took place in the middle of our 8 months between them.

Things have seemed to be great again, now we are where we are. Again, I was told that she was going to break up and everything... but my girlfriend denies it. She said that they were trying to get us broken up so her and her ex would get back together (again, they were all friends at one point) and that she loves me and wants to spend the rest of her life with me.

She tells me that if she would have called it off with me, she would have done it when I gave her the chance to break it off before and that she wouldn't break up with me because she wanted to get married some day, etc.

So now I'm sitting here wondering who I believe on this. Like I said, she denies it but her so-so friends of theirs (or was friends of theirs when together) are telling me otherwise.

Who should I believe? If she tells me that she doesn't want to end it and wants to stay with me, should I just flat out believe her? Again, these people told me what happened before with her and her ex-BF. Should I believe her claim that they just want us broken up?

Hopefully someone has gone through the same type of thing before here and has some thoughts on this. I wish life was just easy and I didn't have to worry about this kind of Jerry Springer crap.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2006, 04:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User
Re: Need some advice

Well, has she been acting distant or anything?

Personally, I wouldn't listen to anybody else's hearsay. You can only trust yourself on this one. What do you think?

Old 09-02-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
(male)

onyR HB User

She had been a little over that weekend... but again, she was very clear she didn't want to break up and that she had wondered if she could deal with ex-wife issue (being a total jerk with the custody of my girls, etc) but that she didn't want to let that break us up.

I think she's probably been pressured by her friends, more the husband of her best friend (who is her ex-BF's best friend) to break up and give her ex another chance.

Jerry Springer anyone?

Old 09-04-2006, 01:40 AM   #4
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

First, never mind what her "so so friends" says. These are just noises. They don't mean much.

With that said, Don't believe 100% what your GF said either. Early (8 months is early to me) in the relationship, believe in half of what you SEE and little to what you HEAR. Especially since she seems to be going back and forth on this.

It all boils down to this, are you in this relationship for the companionship or for the show? Call Springer if you want to be in show biz, but if you see long term potential with your GF focus on building the relationship instead.

Closed Thread