It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 04:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User
What would you do??

Hello all, I was wondering if I could get some opinions. (It's not about my ex, I'm finally truly done with him..woohoo!!) Anyway, I met someone online through my-space a few months ago. He sent me a message one day and we talked some but didn't really chat alot. Well over the last couple months we have been talking alot. Pretty much all day, everyday. We talk online or through text message. He has been wonderful in every way possible except for one. We had planned on meeting up a couple weeks ago, but "something" came up so he had to cancel. I was fine with it, his reason seemed ligit. So over the weekend we talked about meeting this Wednesday. But yesterday he brought up the idea of us meeting that night. I had a college class to go to but he said we could meet up afterwards and talk, then when we meet on Wednesday it will be less ackward. Good idea I thought. So class was over, I sent him a message saying I was out of class and if he was ready to meet me..no response. I then sent him 2 more messages...no response. Now this is a man who for the last 2 months has always responded to me within a couple minutes. So an hour and a half goes by and he finally responds saying he was watching a movie. I asked why he ignored me, and I thought we were meeting. He said he wasn't ignoring me and he was sorry. His responses were really shady and he was just very apologetic without any real reason for what was up. So basically I concluded that he didn't want to see me, so he ignored me until he knew it was too late. My ex used to do this stuff all the time...it's very shady in my opinion. I mean if he didn't want to meet up he could have just said it instead of playing games. And I really hate that us making plans and him canceling seems to be a habit that is forming. So anyway, this is a huge turn off for me, but maybe i'm overreacting. Can someone give me their opinion... are there red flags all over the place here or not? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: What would you do??

To make plans with a lady, then to not respond the way he did, is extremely tacky, rude and insulting -- and not very gentlemanly at all.

I think you need to nip this right in the bud. Your time is valuable, as is his, and to leave a lady waiting like that is not acceptable. He's the one who made the plans with you, then didn't answer the phone/text thing when you were to meet up. You need to voice (not text) your concerns to him. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

If he expects to pursue any kind of relationship with you, he needs to show you a little more respect than initiating plans, then disappearing when you're supposed to meet up. If he's agreeable, I'd give him one more chance, but I'd definitely tell him it's only one more chance and that you will not put up with that.

FWIW, I'd be extremely offended if anyone did this to me, not just a romantic interest. This boils down to simple respect for another human being.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Skittley Thank God you're done with the ex.....
I clicked on this thread thinking.....not again, and was pleasantly surprised to read that you've moved on! Good for you girl!!

I have to agree with Steno Lady.....he was disrespectful and wasted your time. It would turn me off too, and no you're not overreacting. Also, yes nip it in the bud. Otherwise you're giving him permission to treat you like that. I'd continue to keep my options open. There's plenty of guys at college!
Good luck to you, and keep moving forward!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 06:29 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz
Skittley Thank God you're done with the ex.....
I clicked on this thread thinking.....not again, and was pleasantly surprised to read that you've moved on! Good for you girl!!

I have to agree with Steno Lady.....he was disrespectful and wasted your time. It would turn me off too, and no you're not overreacting. Also, yes nip it in the bud. Otherwise you're giving him permission to treat you like that. I'd continue to keep my options open. There's plenty of guys at college!
Good luck to you, and keep moving forward!!!
LOL rosequartz.. I saw you online and knew you would like my thread that is not about my ex lol. Yeah, I don't know what happened but something finally clicked in my head with my ex, and i'm ready to move on. It's sucks about this new guy though.. He had alot of potential..until last night.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittley80
It's sucks about this new guy though.. He had alot of potential..until last night.
I know.....I think we've all had that happen.....
We always think they have potential, and then they go and show us another side of them. I'm sorry he's acting like a jerk. Maybe he's a player. If so, you don't really want any part of that anyway. Just the fact that you're out there moving forward is a great big step in the right direction! I'm so happy! There will be other guys with potential, and other jerks......don't let it get you down.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:45 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz
I know.....I think we've all had that happen.....
We always think they have potential, and then they go and show us another side of them. I'm sorry he's acting like a jerk. Maybe he's a player. If so, you don't really want any part of that anyway. Just the fact that you're out there moving forward is a great big step in the right direction! I'm so happy! There will be other guys with potential, and other jerks......don't let it get you down.
Thanks hun, your support means alot

Closed Thread