It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User
I'm nervous!!!

ok. So in a few days a group of us are meeting up, and one of the guys in the group i have been txting for maybe the last two months..
I like him, he likes me..but its a bit complicated..he's my ex's friend and my ex will also be there, and that whole ex's mate is a no go..i just want a lil bit of fun and i think thats what he wants to..
Now while i don't think anything will actually happen when we all meet up i'm still nervous. When your txting ur have this like saftey barrier in front of you. You can say stuff you may not normally say to there face. I know i'm gonna feel a little uncomfortable maybe because Its the first time we've meet up since realising we both kinda like each other..
I think there was no point to this topic just felt like getting it out that i was feeling awkward.
Any suggestions for playing of this nervousness...I'm thinking when we all meet up i won't have anything to say cos i'll go all shy.
Some of u may rememeber my previous posts..i split up with my ex just over a year ago we're still good friends but at the moment i feel like a little school-girl everytime my phone beep and then my heart jumps when i realise its him..ahhh lol sorry.

Last edited by emma j; 08-29-2006 at 05:04 PM.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User
Re: I'm nervous!!!

I don't have advice, but am wishing you much luck. You deserve it!
Just don't think about getting it all right and let it happen naturally. You never know, he might think the nervousness is cute.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Veronica_Mars HB User

I couldn't agree more with LMH. I remember your accounts of your ex, and to be totally honest, you owe him nothing. If you feel like having fun with his friend, go for it! You are young and won't be able to indulge such tempting influences forever . Also, anything that will distance you from your ex is a positive influence from what I've heard. Just protect yourself physically and emotionally no matter what happens...and have a wonderful holiday! You deserve a great vacation after all you've been through, sweetie! And I am sure that whether or not this new guy can make you happy, before long you will find someone who completely overshadows your ex and all his flaws in your mind. Good luck!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User

hey,
Thanks for the replies. Its actually not a holiday we're going on just meeting up for the day then meeting up again for a party two weeks after. so they way i look at it is, we all met up this week and i sus out the situation..like if he's gonna be flirting and then what contact there is afterwards and take it from there.
Thanks

Closed Thread