It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

Phobe HB User
what does this mean

hello every-one
For those of you that were following my saga about previous boyfreind troubles will be glad to know that we finnally ended it for good. It was tough but I know it was for the best and I have moved on.

Now there is a new man on the horizan (possibly )
He is someone that I was somewhat aquanted with about five years ago, at that time I found him attractive but I was in a relationship...so was he ....anyway there was never anything to it.

Recently he has come around again, I still find him interesting and attractive.I asked him if he was in a relationship, and he said yes, but that it wasnt going well and that he is planning on leaving her. Later in the conversation he asked me out. A few days later he brought me a little gift.

I know the answer here, but I'm just double checking with you guys....This guy isn't leaving his girl, he just wants to get laid ? Correct ? Your thoughts will be aprreciated .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User
Re: what does this mean

Quote:
This guy isn't leaving his girl, he just wants to get laid ? Correct ?
Hey there. Yeah, I'd have to say that pretty much sums it up.

Tell him if he wants to date you, then he's going to have to be single first. But then again, you already know that he has no trouble asking another woman out even while he already has a girlfriend. So maybe it's good that you learned this little tidbit about him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

I would say make it clear to him that friendship is all your interested in, when a guy is in a relationship!

If you were to refuse sex with him, (if of course that were to happen), if he then were to disappear, you will know that you were right, and that was all he was after.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

either that or he's afraid to be alone and he's setting up his next relationship before he leaves the one he's in.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
(female)

Phobe HB User

You guys are always giving good sound advice....no beating around the bush here. thats what keeps me coming back, thanks again.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:47 AM   #6
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobe
....I asked him if he was in a relationship, and he said yes, but that it wasnt going well and that he is planning on leaving her. Later in the conversation he asked me out. A few days later he brought me a little gift.
....This guy isn't leaving his girl, he just wants to get laid ? Correct ? .....
Yeah..We bad. We like to sample the goods before we buy. But at least he was honest about having a current GF.

And Rosequartz scares me at times that she thinks of these things the way us guys do.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijumbofly
And Rosequartz scares me at times that she thinks of these things the way us guys do.

LOL - that's because that's what I used to do, before I got strong and stopped being co-dependent......

Closed Thread