It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

elace77 HB User
Question Boyfriend doesn't spend quality time with you

I don't know what to do. I work 2 jobs . !st and second shift. My boyfriend works 2nd shift. He gets home a little before me. When I come home he's either on the computer or on his palm pilot. Even when we sit down and watch tv together he's playing games on his palm pilot instead of focusing on me or spending anytime with me. I just started my second job last week. My first job pays all the bills and my second job is our fun money. But , lately it seems like I'm just around to pay bills. I just wonder if he loves me or if he's using me. I'm not really sure what to do. Can anyone help me with this dilemma?
Well, thinks for taking the time to read this.
Thanks again.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User
Re: Boyfriend doesn't spend quality time with you

So, you pay for EVERYthing? All the bills? And the luxuries?

Well...of course he's using you.

Why don't you divide your expenses equally?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2006, 06:43 PM   #3

BetsyJean HB User

If you really want to know if he's using you, let him know that you are moving into a place of your own until you two are married.

I'm guaranteeing that you'll find out the truth then.

And if you have no interest in marrying him then move out for sure and get started on the rest of your life!!

Old 09-15-2006, 02:01 AM   #4
(female)

elace77 HB User
Unhappy Re: Boyfriend doesn't spend quality time with you

I don't pay all of them. I pay all of them but the rent.
The rent is $615.00 a month. I pay $208.00for gas & lights, Cable $171.50, And water $120.00. Plus I pay for my storage $40.00, Gas for vehicle, insurance, food & misc. items around the house that we may need. Plus I spend money on my 2 kids. Plus, Iv'e been trying to pay back bills that went to collection agencies. That's a lot of bills to deal with evry month. The gas & lights are high due to back payment arrangements that he set up because he couldn't pay it over the winter. So, that bill is much higher than it normally would be. He did pay the last 2 water bills because I was trying to get caught up on the rest of the bills. My paycheck was a little short.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:05 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

How about telling him how you feel?

Old 09-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elace77
I don't pay all of them. I pay all of them but the rent.
The rent is $615.00 a month. I pay $208.00for gas & lights, Cable $171.50, And water $120.00. Plus I pay for my storage $40.00, Gas for vehicle, insurance, food & misc. items around the house that we may need. Plus I spend money on my 2 kids. Plus, Iv'e been trying to pay back bills that went to collection agencies. That's a lot of bills to deal with evry month. The gas & lights are high due to back payment arrangements that he set up because he couldn't pay it over the winter. So, that bill is much higher than it normally would be. He did pay the last 2 water bills because I was trying to get caught up on the rest of the bills. My paycheck was a little short.

sounds like he can't afford to live on his own.....he's dependent on you

edited to add......what the heck kinda cable do you have that costs that much $$ ?

I had a boyfriend like that......well I thought he was my boyfriend, but in retrospect, he was nothing more than a roommate

cut him loose!!!!!!!

Last edited by rosequartz; 09-15-2006 at 12:48 PM.

Closed Thread