It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 05:35 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mismax HB User
How do you know?!

I know this topic has come up before on these boards, but I could use a little help. I laugh at myself because in all other aspects of my life I can maintain my sanity, however,when it comes to men I lose all of it...lol! Anyways, I met this guy, I'd say, three weeks ago. We seem to have it off really well. We have gone out once. Mostly, that is due to scheduling, his work schedule and mine. He is in the military so he has to leave for jobs around the country. Now, my question is how do you know if he is into you and maybe wants more than friends? I have been able to figure out that he is a man of his word. If he says he's going to call or write he does. I ask because any male friend I have had that is strictly a friend I would maybe only talk to him once a week at most or I would go longer not talking to him. Now, with this guy we talk about every other day. He actually called me at work yesterday and left a message. I found out last night when I called him late that he wanted to go to dinner. I thought he was working late so I didn't call him till late anyways. I'm just confused that is all. I really like him. I know take it slow let it develop at its own pace, but I'm having a hard time reading this one. I mean this is how my relationship with my ex started out. We were extremely close friends. Guess, I am just looking for a males perspective. If you are interested in someone do you call that often and how do you distinguish between wanting to be friends or more? Anyways, sorry for the rambling, any input would be greatly appreciated. Ciao!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2006, 05:42 AM   #2
(female)

srak34 HB User
Re: How do you know?!

I would say if he is into you, he will call and try to be in contact as much as possible.
If he has a hectic schedule it may not be possible to do as much as you would like.
But I think they make time when they really want to.
Time tells.... good luck

Old 09-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

Yeah I think he is.

I'm a strong believer that...if a guy..particularly in the early stages of knowing you...if he seems to be making effort in getting to know you or wanting to see you, he is into you.

If a guy only likes you as a friend...he wont make that effort. He'll just let the friendship develop on its own.

From my experience.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

A guy who calls you a lot in the beginning is probably interested at this point but after dating or talking a while, could have a sudden change of heart. It might take getting to know someone a little bit more to see if they have enough in common. That's why I think a woman, or guy for that matter, should take it slow, especially emotionally. It takes time.

Last edited by cookiepls; 09-01-2006 at 10:49 AM.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User

I don't know. The guy I was most recently talking to was really good about calling when he said he would, and if he didn't answer my calls, he returned them promptly. I don't know if he just lost interest or what, but after about 4 months, he tried to "bootycall" me out of no where.
I'm totally with Cookie. Most of us do these things initially while we are feeling out the other person. I imagine he is getting to know you in order to decide if he wants something more.
I think you should just go with the flow this soon on into things. And instead of trying to figure out if he is into you, spend this time getting to know him better and figuring out just how into him YOU are.
Good Luck!!

Old 09-02-2006, 03:03 AM   #6
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

The answer is Yes, he is showing interest. The frequency of contact is a telltale sign. Never mind the simularity with how it started with you ex, as I believe most guys put in more effort in the beginning. It has just second nature to us.

It's a little soon for the "or more" part

You are judging pretty early in the game but I hope you are right. let's keep our fingers crossed and see.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-08-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Closed Thread