It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User
how to handle this one

its been resolved- thanks!

Last edited by lady346; 09-02-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: how to handle this one

well for me personally, I wouldn't get involved with someone who travelled that much for work. I'd pull back and become a little less available to his messages, phone calls and the like. I wouldn't invest too much energy or emotion in this one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

plasva HB User

Hi CityGirl,

To be honest with you, the first thought that came into my head while reading your post was, "Why did he keep pursuing her when she rejected him numerous times? Normally, someone would hear 'no' once or twice and move on. Maybe he's the kind of guy who just wanted to succeed at the challenge." Now you're saying he travels around the world.... if I were you, I would not pursue him, because you barely know him, and how do you know he doesn't have girlfriends in some of these places? And what kind of relationship can you have, since he's gone half the time?
I feel it depends on what you really want. If an occasional lover is all you need, it sounds like that's what this guy wants. I am not sure why I think this, it's just the feeling I have from what you wrote. If you want a relationship, it's going to be really hard with all his travelling.
Maybe I am wrong and he does want a relationship but is finding it really difficult because of his work. Why not just come out and ask him what kind of relationship he's looking for?

Old 09-02-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

been resolved!

Last edited by lady346; 09-02-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Old 09-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

citygirl, we'd love to hear about it after taking the time to respond to your post, I for one am on pins and needles as to how it was resolved.....
do tell!!!!

Old 09-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

Oh thanks for checking in, that was sweet of you!

I think just after writing a lot I realized I was somewhat overreacting so thats why I deleted it- didn't want people to waste their time reading all that when my opinions had changed a bit.
Basically, yesterday he was at work (in Hawaii...still) and I was studying in a cafe on my wireless and he began talking to me on our gmail chat....we ended up talking for FIVE hours online while we were doing our respective tasks, and I think we made a lot of progress in our intentions and what exactly is going on here. I feel a little more comfortable with his motives and so forth. I still dont trust him as its still early in the game, and Im still a little wary about the traveling, and I expressed it very lightly to him. He said he is home every weekend from now on and then made some playful remark "why are you worried...do u miss me?"...fishing for compliments and such, hehe.
To make a long story short, I think Im just going to ride this one out but try to remain as knowledgeable as I can of the fact that I may not be able to handle his traveling schedule. I also think that when we speak face to face next I'll bring it up again and try to have a more serious conversation about it...basically I just want to let him know that if hes into me and wants things to progress Im not going to be a weekend booty call nor even a weekend girlfriend at that, and he will still have to make an effort while hes away. It may be too soon to get into that and I dont want to jump the gun, but Id rather at least let him know what I will not deal with NOW in case thats not what hes looking for. But now at least I believe that hes not only into the chase and conquer like I thought...he said a lot of stuff yesterday that led me not to really think that anymore. So...I'll have to wait and see!

Old 09-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

well good luck Citygirl! Hope it works out for you!

Closed Thread