It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

kj547 HB User
UPDATE for Veronica & others

For those who read my posts before about reconnecting with my old flame(especially Veronica Mars who offered the most help & insight) here's the update on my weekend: It was fabulous & we are planning another trip for next month. Strange, but we talked for hours like we used to years ago, went for a long drive and ate a leisurely dinner in a quiet restaurant. It was so familiar & comfortable that it was like old times but with a more mature perspective. We both have the same personalities and values we had years ago, but we are more open--emotionally--probably because of what we have gone through in our separate lives. We are not rushing things, but are taking things slowly. And, NO--- despite unimaginable longing we did not have sex and are waiting to see where this is headed. Before we decide how to proceed, and whether to come clean with our significant others, we are being cautious. I'm so glad I have given this a chance, regardless of where it goes. I couldn't continue thinking 'what if' for the next 20 years like I have for the past 10 years. Thanks to all for your help.

Old 09-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Veronica_Mars HB User
Re: UPDATE for Veronica & others

Hey KJ, good to hear your update! Thanks for filling us in. Anyway, I'm glad and not too surprised to hear you had a great weekend; it sounds like you two have a great connection. And it clearly just isn't about sex if you were able to hold off on that--I've never been able to, anyway! Well, I hope everything works out well and that you will keep us posted. I really think life is too short to settle for being any less than as happy as you could possibly be, and it sounds like this guy just might be the one who makes you feel that way. If so, it's worth whatever you have to go through to be together...hopefully everything will turn out for the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread