It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Kia3238 HB User
Arrow I Finally Told Him!

I am 26, for several months I've liked this guy. We became best friends and hung out all the time, almost every day. We did everything together. Lately we've been flirting with each other and kissed. I didn't expect anything from it but it felt so good to finally kiss him. He's been hurt so badly in his past. Well after we kissed everything was fine, same as usual. Then 2 nights ago I finally told him I have feelings for him. After 7 months, I felt like I had to. I had no expectations, just needed to tell him how I feel. Well since we've became friends he has called me almost everyday and we've seen each other almost everyday as well. Now he hasn't called me since I've told him. I feel so bad now, I knew this was a possibility but I wanted to tell him. I haven't called him either, what should I do??

Last edited by Kia3238; 09-02-2006 at 10:59 AM.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
(female)

kirsty12345 HB User
Re: I Finally Told Him!

Men are not like us, they need a bit of time, if this man has been hurt in the past, then I guess when he starts to get close to someone its normal to pull away, send him a message dont say anything about your feelings just something like, if he wants to meet up you would like to, he could be thinking the same as you remember, at the end of the day what do you have to loose, if it will be, it will be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User
Re: I Finally Told Him!

If you hung out everyday, and got to the point where you were flirting with each other and kissed, then I would have assumed he had to have feelings for you, too. So I'm baffled myself as to why he would suddenly get all weirded out once you confessed how you felt.

I think you need to call him, or send him a message, or something. I guess it's possible that he doesn't have feelings for you, at least not the kind you have for him, and now he's backing off because he doesn't want to hurt you, or doesn't know how to react. Perhaps tell him that you don't want him to feel any pressure - if he doesn't like you in that way, it's cool. You aren't going to get all fatal attraction on him.

But I think that now things are changed for good. I don't think you could go back to the way you were before. I do think you were right to tell him how you felt. I would have thought he felt the same way about me, too. But who knows what the heck goes on in a guy's head??

So call him or whatever, say "Look, I thought you felt the same way, since we kissed and all that crap. But if you don't, it's no big deal. You don't have to hide from me now like a big wimpy baby." Well, maybe leave out the last part.

Then just leave him alone and see what happens. If he still wants to be friends, decide whether or not that is something you can handle. Good luck...

Closed Thread