It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
(male)

jeg779 HB User
SHe needs space, but is it ok to check in?

She needs space is what i am being told from sorces. This is the reason she broke it off. and last night was her bday party.. I wasn't invited because it would have been ackward... now I called her and wished her a happy bday and we talked like normal minus the i love you and stuff...talked just fine and said good bye..., and i want to check up on her today and see how the party went. . . and just hear from her. We dated for 8 months, and where getting serious...any advice will be much apprecaited.

Last edited by jeg779; 09-03-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
(female)

trig HB User
Re: SHe needs space, but is it ok to check in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg779
She needs space is what i am being told from sorces. This is the reason she broke it off. and last night was her bday party.. I wasn't invited because it would have been ackward... now I called her and wished her a happy bday, and i want to check up on her today and see how the party went. . . and just hear her. We dated for 8 months, and was getting serious...any advice will be much apprecaited.
i am new here and this is the first thread that i have read well think that i would say mate is let her have her space and try again in acouple of day mate good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

HeWillBeStrong HB User

Trust me when I say I know how hard it is to not check in. You just want to know she's okay, and you don't want to have no contact with her at all. I completely respect that, but if space is what she really needs, I'd say contacting her will probably not be a good idea. She might still feel crowded by you calling her, and it might make things worse. Maybe within a few weeks, or a month or so, she might come around and want to talk. I know that sounds like such a long time, and of course this is just my opinion.

It will also be much harder for you to let go if you're always thinking about calling her, or what was said when you two talked. Be kind to yourself. Good luck with everything.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
(male)

jeg779 HB User

yeah, but like you said.. i just want too know.. . . ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh............

Old 09-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

HeWillBeStrong HB User

I know it's hard. I know it's a scary feeling when things are out of your control, and you just want to make it right, and know things are okay. But if she needs space, contacting her is only going to aggravate the problem.

I understand you want to know what is going on...but why? I mean, I'm sure you care about her, and you just want to know if she's alright. But it's only going to hurt you more by calling her all the time, because things won't be the same. If you're not dating, she's not going to act like you're dating, you know what I mean?

It doesn't have to be a 'forever' thing...but give it some time.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #6
(male)

jeg779 HB User

will try to stay busy...

Old 09-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

HeWillBeStrong HB User

Yeah I think that's the best thing to do..just try to stay busy.

I hope you feel better soon.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #8
(male)

jeg779 HB User

thanks..
I am still skeptical, but thanks.. anyone else want to help?

Old 09-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nina000 HB User

Ok, first of all, WHY did she break up with you? Where did things go wrong? This should be the first question you ask yourself. Then try to work on the problem while you are not together.
Now, she might like her own space too much that she wouldn't want to get back with you, or she would miss you and appreciate you more and take you back. What decides one of these two scenarios is how much she loves you and how temporary her need is. In all cases, I would DEFINTELY respect her wishes.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #10
(male)

jeg779 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina000
Ok, first of all, WHY did she break up with you? Where did things go wrong?
She said I smoothered her.. So yeah, i see where respecting her wishes would come into play...but its her BDAY... i just wanted to check in.. i know selfish.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

HeWillBeStrong HB User

It's not selfish at all. And I understand how difficult it is, especially on days like her birthday. But like Nina said, she might really miss and appreciate you if you give her some time to do so. Or she may not..but if she doesn't, it probably wasn't going to work out to begin with.

Sometimes people just aren't on the same page...I know you probably don't want to hear this, but there could be a girl out there that would love to have her boyfriend so dedicated. Your ex girlfriend just doesn't seem to be at that place. Sometimes people are just in different places in their lives, you know what I mean?

Last edited by HeWillBeStrong; 09-03-2006 at 02:31 PM.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

Look, she's trying to break up with you. She didn't invite you to her birthday party. She is trying to send you a message. If you keep on calling her up all it shows is that you are desperate and slightly pathetic, and that's not a good look for anybody.

I know you're obsessed with this woman, and in love with her even though she pretty much just used you for your money. But you have to back off dude, really. Don't you care at all about your pride? If you don't...then I guess it doesn't matter.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

HeWillBeStrong HB User

Uhhh...is there something I'm missing? Using him for his money?

I also don't think he's obsessed. It's really difficult for awhile to let go, and he's just experiencing that. You're being pretty harsh on him.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nina000 HB User

Listen, some girls say that they want their own private space, and they don't really mean it. She might have wanted exactly the opposite, for you to crave after her, call her, etc. I am just saying "some" girls and she might not be one of them. You need to break it off completely to test that.
No I don't think that you were selfish calling her. On the contrary, I think if you were having a proper relationship and you never hurt her to the extent of not wanting to see your face again, then she's the one who's harsh a little. But again mate (dude ), try not to be too readily available. Give yourself a break, and try to enjoy YOUR own space. You might change your mind. You never know.

Last edited by Nina000; 09-03-2006 at 02:47 PM.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #15
(male)

jeg779 HB User

So, tonight She IM'd me. Said Hey. Very very Distant convo. I tried to keep it short and sweet. what does this mean? is she viewing me as a friend? or is this a slow slow opening I will have to work on...

Closed Thread