It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
(male)

J S Machine HB User
Is this normal?

I am the guy that was dating the girl who just went to college. We decided it was best for us to just be friends because of the circumstances. I have posted a couple other topics regarding this, you can check those out if you want for more info.

We have been "friends" for about two weeks now. She moved on the 19th of Aug, and she has really turned loose. She came home this weekend and she had to spend some time with her parents and all, but as soon as she was done with that she came here. She told her mother that she was going to go home yesterday, and she stayed here last night and went home earlier tonight. We went out to eat, and then went to a late movie and just did some hanging out. She didnt have to worry about a curfew because that basically doesnt apply anymore. (that was great) We came back here, and we of course participated in intercourse. that lasted all night, and I will have to say was prolly the best experience we have ever had. Not just with each other but period. She admitted that. I thought for sure that she would get up and be gone this morning at about 10 am, but she wasn't- she was in no hurry to get up and we slept till about 1PM. After she got up we both took a shower, and we got dressed and all. I thought for sure she was just gonna take off, but she didn't still. She said she was going to town to run her truck through the carwash and that I could come and we would go and get something to eat if I wanted. I of course took her up and we went. We hadnt really decided where to eat when I made the comment that we should go to one of our favorite places that usually has a very long wait, no matter what day or time of day. She happily agreed (to my surprise), and we went. Again, she was in no hurry to get back to BHAM (where she is living now to go to school at UAB). We went and ate, and just wasted time and she eventually left around 6PM.

The thing that surprised me about all of this is that she really was happy to see me, even though we are just being friends now. She ws also like I said not in any hurry to leave. I just couldn't believe that because I was really expecting her to get back to her new life.

I guess the question is this. I really had a great time with her last night and today, matter of fact we both agreed that we had an awesome time just being friends. Like way more fun with each other than we ever had when we were "tied". Is this a normal?? I mean most people would be worrying about how it would eventually fall apart and be arguing too, but not us! we have vowed to stay friends as long as we live and it is just great. Of course, we prolly won't always be sexually active together, but for now it seems ok. We both agreed to slack up and eventually prolly stop that if either of us ever gets into a serious relationship, but both of us don't anticipate that happening anytime soon.

I have always heard that this never works, but we just seem to be doing fine? Why is this working so well?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2006, 05:18 AM   #2

BetsyJean HB User
Re: Is this normal?

Friends who are "just friends" don't sleep with each other.
You two need to actually speak to each other about this and define exactly what your relationship is to each other....

Closed Thread