It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
(female)

HarajukuGurl2005 HB User
Is it normal to miss them even if it wasnt love?

I just broke up with my bf of 4 yrs the other day, and I really miss him.

Our friendship was so specical and one of a kind, but I was not in love. He was 30, but very immature and kind of passive aggressive.

I was 18 when we started dating and now 23, and I feel as though I'm searching for other qualities.

But I miss him, the most fun times of my life, and the biggest laughs ever, but I could not string him along knowing he was in love and I was not.

On the night before we broke up we had a little argument and he ended up pushing me, not as an act of violence, but just b/c he is childish and he has acted similarly throughout our relationship.

He was always very childish which confused me for his age.

But nevertheless, i miss the good times. Is it normal to miss this friendship even if it wasnt love?

Old 09-06-2006, 02:52 AM   #2
(female)

sandra2005 HB User
Re: Is it normal to miss them even if it wasnt love?

of course it is normal! i mean you spent four years of your life with him, even had you had broken up on very bad terms and hated him you would still miss him.
he was a huge part of your life.
it will get easier though trust me.

i really respect you for ending the relationship as you knew it was not working. and in your times of lonliness try to console yourself with the fact that it WAS the right thing to do and you did the right thing for both of you.

For the moment try to surrond yourself with friends and family,people you can talk to and if you dont feel you can talk to them about how you are feeling then you alwasy have the boards..come on herre and talk about it,talking about will help you make sense of it all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

plasva HB User

Yes, it is normal. A loss is a loss.... it has to be mourned.

Let yourself miss him.

Someday, you'll have moved-on, and you just won't miss him anymore.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:57 AM   #4
(male)

caladbolg HB User

Absolutely. It's natural to miss someone whom you've spent so much of your life with. 4 years is a long time for anyone, but you being so young - that's nearly 1/6 of your entire life!

Also, you did the right thing. Many ill-fated relationships are dragged on because one doesn't want to hurt the other's feelings. It takes courage to end ties when you know things aren't going to work.

Closed Thread