It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
(female)

munchkinn HB User
Question newlyweds

my husband and I just gor married 4 months ago, we are both really young and he is 5 years older than me. the things is that I have notices thatn other than having sex and going to the gym we don't do anyhting else, we don't really go out that much because he has been busy and I work at nights. so everytime I wanna watch a movie with him, he doesn't want to. he goes on the computer and totally forgets about me. this really hurts me beceause he told me that he used to watch movies with his ex all the time, even if he didint like them. i dont understand why he can't even do that with me when he did it before when somebody else. im really worried because i noticed that he gets bored when he is with me. why should i Do?

Old 09-10-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: newlyweds

Remember all those times folks told you, "marriage is work"? Well, you're now faced with the "work" part.

First, forget what he did with the ex. You're in this for the long-haul now. Both of your tastes, preferences, hobbies, activities, etc, will change over the years.

You need to chat with him. Not nag, not complain, not whine; but a nice chat about computer/tv time. It's all about compromise. Make sure he knows he can chat with you, too, about anything that's bothering him.

There's all sorts of things couples can do. I, too, suffered from me watching tv while DH was glued to the 'puter. We compromised. I now make sure to rent something I know he'd like, too, from the video store. I also pull up a chair during his puter time and we check stuff out together, i.e., news, jokes, funny videos, etc. Heck, we've even gotten mildly addicted to a mindless computer game together

You both can sort of "allot" personal time for each other. For instance, I do most of the cooking for dinner. Hubby checks his 'puter stuff while I cook. He does cleanup after dinner while I check my 'puter stuff. That way, when dinner's over, it's "us" time.

Don't forget ... don't lose the spice in your marriage. This is something I wish someone had told me years ago. Get creative. Change things up. I can almost guarantee you that if you put on some sexy lingerie, put something, um, adult or some nice music on the tv and whisper for him to "come to join you," he'll get off that 'puter in a second!

Best of luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Have a baby and he won't be bored anymore.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
(female)

munchkinn HB User

thanks for replying i dont think the baby idea is good LOL we are both too young, but thnaks for your advice stenolady1, I would like to see him interestd in doing some new things with me too. but i will try to try new stuff. thanks

Closed Thread