HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Relationship Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/relationship-health/)
-   -   Made a mistake (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/relationship-health/427391-made-mistake.html)

Nina000 09-11-2006 08:31 AM

Made a mistake

Ok guys I need your help once again...

I thought that the idea of the Cote D'Zure would be a great healer ...but I assume that there is just nothing miraculous....I loved everything about it really so much, my ex in France is SO extremely kind and caring...and any woman would fall for him (He is handsome, young and so intelligent, a plastic surgeon), and he wants me back.....

And yet, here I am again falling into acute depression...and addictive habits..(Gampling and sometimes drinking myself) that make me more angry with me and everything..
I met Dave again, and it was also ok, civil....in a sense...but this turmoil inside is so irrepressible.....
I met him when I was upset with the work suituation....
Apart from the shock at his disrespect and my foolishness, my study deadline is approaching (my supervisor said that I was one of his best research students but I didn't make full use of what I can offer), one of my jobs is getting really stressful (no way out of this one either...I have a very expensive flat to pay off).

So on the whole, I find myself just wanting to escape from facing it all...and when I do so I feel more depressed.....I feel in need of breaking this cycle of just going through the motions and get the energy to be ME, but I just don't know where to start from.

As some of you know, I also broke up with my live-in bf of 3 years, and the intensity of our problems didn't help either....I feel at a crossroads but I can't see anything motivating in the horizon.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to start and put my life together again...and how to overcome this flood of negative things overwhelming me at the same time? Has anyone experienced a similar situation before?

brook65 09-11-2006 09:03 AM

Re: Made a mistake

Nina,

I would tell you to join the gym! seriously, it really really helps with negative emotions/thoughts, depression and stress.

It is true what they say, it really does help use up some of that nervous negative energy.

I would say don't rush into any relationship for the time being, you have been on a rollercoaster and have just got off, you need to find yourself and happiness again.

Keep busy, also yoga is very good.

Good luck, and your doing good:)

eve40 09-11-2006 04:09 PM

Re: Made a mistake

Nina,
First you have to decide that you want to take control, then you need to understand that you have the strength to do this because nobody loves you more then you do. Then you promise to take it one day at a time and be proud of each day you succeed. And, treat yourself to little things that make you feel pretty, when you can. Remember, each step makes you that much more of a fabulous woman who can charm and enchant anyone she chooses to. Why? Because she is strong, secure, relaxed, confident and she knows her sexual power. Dam, you'll have to beat them off with a stick. ;)