It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #1
(male)

deanl HB User
should we try again?

i was in a relationship for 8 years and have a young child (7). my partner admitted to having an affair at some point during our relationship and things became difficult. we decided to live in different places but maintained a loving relationship. she meet someone else and kept me on the go at the same time. she has now stopped seeing this guy and says she does not know how she feels. we still sleep together and get on very well. the events that lead to our break up still linger in my mind and i am confused. i am unable to decide on which way i should go.

i have forgiven but i am unable to forget. i love her but sometimes hate her and think to myself how could she have done what she did. i would like to keep things together as i know that would be best for my daughter.

what would you do? any advice appreciated.

dl

Old 09-14-2006, 06:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: should we try again?

she's stopped seeing him and she wants to fall back on her safety net.....YOU

she's toying with your emotions boy.....don't you see that?

how can you maintain a loving relationship with someone who cheated on you?

I'd say if you want to keep her as a bedroom buddy, but don't invest too much energy or emotion into her as she will play you again as soon as another opportunity arises.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #3
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanl
...says she does not know how she feels...i have forgiven but i am unable to forget. i love her but sometimes hate her and think to myself how could she have done what she did....dl
You are in a one sided fantasy and the worse part is...there is no romance in it, not really.

You are now lying to yourself that you have forgiven her. Well, DON'T! There is no happiness in this even if "you try again"

Sorry.

Old 09-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
(male)

deanl HB User

i think she is pregnant, cant be the other guy, she has not seen him for over a month. he still texting her. i have said she should break contact, she refuses. it feels like a complete mess. she says she loves me. we sleep together every night.

Closed Thread