It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
(female)

browneyeddi HB User
Haven't heard from him in a week

Well, maybe someone can give some input as I am baffled.

My boyfriend of a little over a year came over last Saturday, and up till this point everything seemed totally fine... I had an accident earlier that day and so did not cook dinner.

When he showed up I walked up to great him and he seemed fine. Then as he was walking in the front door, asked "whats for dinner"? I said that I didnt' cook dinner. AT that point my perception was that he was mad that we would have to go out although he didn't say anything. It was the vibes I got.

I then said, that is was the first time in a while I had not cooked dinner, and he said "two weeks ago, we went out to M____". And I then said "I thought you would have been more caring since I had an accident (I fell off of a ladder trying to trim tree with a chainsaw). Then he mouthed off in a slang version that I was out of my mind and stormed out the front door, then walked back in and said he thought it was best that he went home, and I said "it's want you want to do" and he left. Haven't heard from him since...

This is bazarre... I may be wrong, but he was the one who stormed out, so I feel he should be the one to get back in touch...

Very confused, mad, sad, hurt, etc.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:51 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

JBravo223 HB User
Re: Haven't heard from him in a week

I'm sorry but 1 week is a long time for someone who "loves" you not to call. It sounds like he is a jerk and doesn't really care. Have you tried to call him? Maybe you should to find out what his problem is!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

plasva HB User

It sounds like he has an anger problem. And also that he has the idea that it's your job to cook for him. Why can't he cook for you? Or take you out? And to not speak to you for a WEEK is rather passive-aggressive. He should be showing up on your doorstep with flowers, apologizing for treating you in such a manner.

Do you really want to try to work things out with him? Because believe me, there a lot of good men out there who won't play these games or treat you like their personal chef.

Relationships should be about partnership and support and love; it doesn't sound like he is offering that.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

He does sound like he has an anger problem, and is cold and unsupportive as well. My god, he should be cooking for you or should have taken you out on a day you had an accident, and instead he behaves like this?? And then punishes YOU by not calling for a week--unbelievable. This should teach you something about this man, and that is that you cannot rely on him at all. What if you had a more serious accident--would he still storm out because you did not cook him dinner? What a selfish jerk.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:28 AM   #5
(female)

browneyeddi HB User

Well, this guy finally emailed me this morning saying he missed me a lot and loved me and that he feels that we should just be friends because we can't get along.

signed he loved me

Old 09-24-2006, 08:43 AM   #6

BetsyJean HB User

So, you think he's had a week without sex maybe and that he'd better start being nice to you again if he wants any??

Honest - I'd break this off with YOU using the fact that you weren't treated right....

Old 09-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

Trust me, he's doing you a favor by breaking things off with you! Any guy who is soooooo insensitive to get mad that you didn't COOK when you had an ACCIDENT is NOT worth being near, talking to, or associating with in any way. A GOOD guy would be babying you, making sure you are okay, and making sure you had a good meal in you. I can totally understand why you are hurt because I dated a guy just like this. This guy is insensitive, doesn't know how to communicate, and has major anger problems. Seriously, what if you stayed with this guy long-term? It sounds as if he is the type of guy that would blow up if you didn't have dinner on the table at exactly the right time, serving exactly what he prefers. I think you would be living life walking on eggshells with this guy. Sorry you have to go through a situation like this. :-(

~Katalina

Old 09-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Sorry that you've wasted a year with this jerk but be glad it was only just a year. I totally agree with Gettingwellagain...a good guy would have been babying you!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 12:05 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

shoe HB User

lol ... maybe you should've cooked dinner huh?

Old 09-27-2006, 04:43 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

Wow this guy sounds like such a JERK!!! You need to be really happy that he broke up with you because it's the BEST THING that could have happened to you!! What you deserve is a guy who would take care of you after your accident and help you feel better, not some loser who gets mad because his dinner isn't ready.

I think you already know all of this, but I hope you really see that it's true. If he loved you for real, he would have tried to help you when you were in pain. But he's obviously a selfish idiot loser, which is someone you definitely don't need in your life. Definitely.

This is awesome, you can totally start a new life on your own and taking care of yourself is going to make you a stronger person for your next relationship. Remember not to ever let ANY guy treat you so badly ever again. I mean don't tolerate it at all. The FIRST time a new guy treats you badly, break it off because you don't have time for that kind of BS. And you already know you deserve better, so don't put up with it anymore from anyone!!

Closed Thread