It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

jessica129 HB User
I hate my boyfriends haircut

This is quite a ridiculous subject after reading some other posts..but i need some suggestions..

Physically, my boyfriend is everything I could ever want in the opposite sex. There's just one thing, his haircut. I think he's worried he's loosing his hair so he's doing this strange thing where he brushes his hair out to the front so he has these long bang type things...I have no idea why. I just wish he'd shave his head. These bangs almost come down to his eyebrows, it's a complete turn off.

How do I politely tell him I'm not liking it? I was thinking of 'accidently' taking a shaver to his head one night, haha. I try to hint around that 'oh, i like this style of haircut' but he just doesnt get the hint. It's getting to the point where it's almost embarassing unless he wears his baseball hat. Help?

Old 09-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User
Re: I hate my boyfriends haircut

Why do you have to be polite? Just bluntly tell him that you don't like it, and you think it looks stupid. My boyfriend has long hair, and the only way I like long hair on a guy is if it is in a ponytail. So I told him that, and I get the ponytail. Everybody wins.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nina000 HB User

I don't think that it is necessary to tell him directly that you don't like his hair but you can say something like "I think guys with shaved head are sexy, or I love to see you with this hairstyle, it would be perfect on you, etc)
I think he should get it then!

Last edited by Nina000; 09-24-2006 at 02:31 PM.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

I agree with Gypsy--I would straight up tell him. I suppose there is no way to be completely polite about it, but you have to somehow get the point across that you DO NOT like his haircut, without hurting his feelings too much. I would first wait until both of you are alone and possibly even in a cuddly mood. I would lightly push his "bangs" aside with my hand, look at him lovingly and say, "Honey, you know how sexy (or hot, or cute, or any word) I think you are, but I realllly think your bangs cover up too much of your forehead and take away from your nice features. Would you consider changing your hairstyle for me? I think it would be hot if you shaved your head." Maybe follow your words with a light kiss on his forehead in a light, playful manner. This may be too corny for you depending on how you and your boyfriend relate to each other, but this is how I would go about it. Good luck!

~Katalina

Old 09-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User

If this is all you don't like about him, you're a lucky woman.

But just sweetly tell him, say, "hon, I love you very much and you're the man of my dreams, except for one thing, <kiss him on the cheek> we need to do something with your hair". And make sure this is said in private... and when he's in a good mood.

Good luck.

Peace

Old 09-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

yuck
instead of a comb-over, it sounds like a comb-front over
LOL
just tell him, you don't like it.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyArcher
Why do you have to be polite? Just bluntly tell him that you don't like it, and you think it looks stupid.
Haha, I kinda agree! Maybe "stupid" is not the word of choice here, but yeah, something to that effect. Tell him he'd look SOOO sexy in ________ style. Chances are he'll take it into consideration. I guess I'm not the most diplomatic person in the world because I'd just tell him this is not a flattering haircut for him .

Old 09-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #8
(female)

beaka_sue HB User

You just need to tell him. Say babe I think you are totally sexy. But if I could change one thing about you it would be your hairdo. Bring home some magazines with hair styles that you would like to see on him and suggest one of them. Then take him to a hair salon and make him get it cut that way. Just tell him girl. If that is the only that you have a problem with....that shouldn't be a problem. If he really loves you and values your opinion then he will not mind.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:36 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

Just ask him why he combs his hair forwards like that? if he tells you as you suspect that he is losing his hair, tell him most guys shave it off, infact guys that have a full head of hair also seem to sometimes follow that trend.

Just say that would suit you better.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Would "I like the way you used to wear your hair better" work? Or "I don't really care for this new hairstyle"...I would tell him though...it sounds like it looks strange and maybe even embarrassing

Closed Thread