It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

confusedandsad HB User
Need advice from guys

My b/f and i have been dating for almost a year now. We see each other almost every day and have an incredibly loving and affectionate relationship.

I'm not the type of girl to be into marriage or kids or anything and am happy to just let relationships go the course they may but have been feeling that the guy i'm with i'd like to have a future with.

I told him that i'd like our future to include each other and he said he wanted that too but was quick to say that he wasn't ready to move in or anything.

Well, i wasn't referring to moving in, just that this wasn't a flash in the pan thing for me and that I hoped it would continue.

So guys, if a girl is 'the one' for you - or at least a girl you wanted to be a permanent part of your life - would you feel the way my b/f does? Am I being too harsh expecting him to want more?

I just want to clarify that I'm not looking to move in together or get married anytime soon but i'd rather not a guy who has such an aversion to that either.

Thanks for any advice.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

JBravo223 HB User
Re: Need advice from guys

Hi, maybe I am not the right guy to answer such a question because I tend to be a lot more loving and affectionate than the average guy but...

if I really love someone, and I have been there, then I would want to move in with that person and would talk about our future together. That is not to say that he doesn't love you. if your relationship is truly loving and affectionate then I would say you have nothing to worry about... maybe he just doesn't want to take that next step (moving in) yet and he let you know that by saying what he said. That is okay. take your time and enjoy each other. you have your whole lives to live together...

Don't look at is a negative thing. In time, if things continue to go well between you two then your love for eachother will continue to grow and taking that next step will just happen.

-JB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
(male)

kingam HB User
Re: Need advice from guys

different people work on different timelines. personally, i love relationships. i like the comfort, the feeling of being there for someone and vice versa... however maybe because of his parents, or some other perception he has of marriage or "the future" he is hesitant... i wouldnt assume its because of you.

hope that helps!

Closed Thread