It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
(male)

Darr01 HB User
Intamacy in Relationship

Hi, All
I posted about this a while back. And my situtation is still the same. I moved over 3000 miles to be with m/girlfriend over 4 yrs ago. It has never been easy from day one. She has IBS, Gastrointestinal Problems. There is no sex, no intamacy, no closeness, Totaly like strangers for the past 3.5 yrs. Thats right. NO MISS PRINT. Over 3.5 yrs. NO NOTHING. How long is too long. I'm at the end of my rope. I'm starting to resent her. I go weeks without talking to her. I really feel like I need to go, so I can get my life back together. I had just got out of a 16 yr marrage when I hooked up with her. This is not what I expected it to be like. She don't work on the account of her condition. I have been taking care of her from day one. She really don't have to work. She just lays around all day, complaining all the time about how bad she hurts. I get tired of hearing it. She has been to all kinds of Doctors. They all want to put her on Anti-Dep. meds. So that seams to say that the Docs even think a lot of it is in her HEAD. What do ya'll think?

Old 09-25-2006, 05:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

JBravo223 HB User
Re: Intamacy in Relationship

this sounds like a rough situation and from an outsider looing in all I can say is that you need to get out of this relationship... 3.5 years with someone and no intamacy is not healthy. I would imagine that you are emotionally drained. I know it is hard but I think that by remaining in this relationship you are hurting yourself in the long run.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 08:07 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

Why are you in a relationship where your needs are not met and you are only meeting her needs? Is this a pattern for you?

Old 09-25-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User

I think it was time to go years ago, this is not a healthy relationship by any means!! What a lonely relationship to be in. You're not her caretaker, I can't believe there isn't ANY intimacy at all... do you guys even kiss? cuddle? hold hands? HUG?

I can't imagine anyone being in that situation for the rest of their lives... you need a partner, not someone to just look after.

Closed Thread