It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

ab30 HB User
What's going on now???

I'm baffled! Totally baffled! I've not made contact with my ex for about 3 weeks, it was via email and we just had a very short exchange. In that i told him about a medical issue i'd been diagnosed with (nothing serious at all, but does explain what happened to me at the end of our relationship) at the end I joked about when he was free. heard nothing and didn't bother making contact again.
The other night whilst at my friends, I had a image in my head that I had 2 emails from him in my inbox. I checked and sure enough...2 emails. Very strange. Anyway, one was saying sorry for not replying before and that he was free to meet up (between various trips away he has booked) The other was about a stupid very cheap item of mine he'd found (brush) and whether I wanted it back or not (***arre thing to ask me to be honest) I decided not to reply to the emails. However, now, 48 hours later, I've just seen that he's signed in on my messenger list (i know for a fact he's had me blocked for the last few months) I'm just shocked and wonder what he's playing at!? It's so strange for him...any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

plasva HB User
Re: What's going on now???

Who ended the relationship?

It sounds to me like he needed some space, but then he started thinking about you and can't get you out of his head. (Hence the 2 emails and unblocking you on messenger.)

Males tend to need space.... lots of space to figure out their feelings.
They also tend to want to "win" our attentions.

This is one reason they seem to disappear, and just as we start moving on, they reappear.

It's a bit dysfunctional.

Is there any chance you want to give the relationship another try, or did you email him purely for friendship?

Last edited by plasva; 09-27-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 09:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Is it possible that the fact that a medical problem may have played a role in your behavior or his has something to do with the breakup and now he's 'seeing the light' so-to-speak? Maybe he's just realizing how much he misses you and the fact that he's trying to return silly stuff to you and stay in contact, IMO shows that he's still interested.

Are you still interested in him? What was the break up over and what was the medical problem you were diagnosed with? Is it under control now?

It sounds as if he's missing you....hopefully that's a good thing in your book. Are you not responding to him because you don't care to, are playing hard to get or just plain confused?

Old 09-28-2006, 04:33 AM   #4
(female)

ab30 HB User

Thanks for replying. I'll answer both your questions...

Plas - He ended the relationship. He did say he needed some space (which is something I wasn't very good at doing with him) I guess I would like to give it another try but my emails to him were purely for friendship. It was a big focus point on us splitting and it upset me more that he backed off to the point of ignoring me after the break up.

Angel - It could be possible that the medical issue has made him think. He didn't seem to believe me at the time with his response 'rrrgiht...well as long as it helps'
From my point of view, the hairbrush is very strange. That's what you'd expect from the dumpee - a lame attempt at keeping contact or having a reason to email etc.
I think i will always be interested. We did have a fantastic time together and until the end, it worked well. The break up was due to a change in my personality. Mood swings, paranoia, made his friends feel uncomfortable, too clingy. All of which links into the fact I was Caffeine intollerant and addicted to it. I'm now free of that and had the proof this weekend when I didn't drink any caffeine based products and didn't even notice - plus i didn't get the headaches I usually would from that.

I'm not responding because I probably have it in my head that there's a chance he could be missing me but I also worry that he just thinks enough time has passed for me to have moved on and to be ready to just be friends. I also don't want to just do things under his terms but only when I'm ready and 100% sure. That's the biggest change in me I guess.

Closed Thread