It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 11:34 AM   #1

else4 HB User
No idea what to do

Some of you mayor may not remember the post I made awhile back, about a fellow a guy at work, whom I have developed a crush on.

Well, previously, the guy and I weren't talking at all. It was so sad, I couldn't read him whatsoever and he wasn't making any attempts to get to know me. Well, since I made my last entry, the guy and I have started talking more. Well... more like I started talking more to him and every now and then, he'd do small things to try and get my attention. (coughing, sneezing, or bringing something up to another co-worker that I'd obviously be shocked by and want to know about) I don't work with him very often, because he's in another department. But, I do pass by his department when I leave the building. So, I've been stopping and talking to him here and there. We started talking about Dane Cook and he told me that he thinks he's pretty funny, so I sent him a few of my favorite Dane Cook clips from his website. He said they were AWESOME and mentioned about 3 times that he is going to go see Employee of the month. I felt like this was a MAJOR hint. But, I was way too shy to say anything.

Well, shortly after, I ended up emailing him and saying, "Hey, can I tag along when you see it, if whomever you're seeing it with doesn't mind? I'm such a shy goob, I can't even ask this in person." The next time I saw him, it was akward. He sort of stuttered out, "Um.. yeah.. sure.. come with!" I sort of gave him this wierd look, because he was so nervous and unenthused about it. But, I said, "Cool, okay." Well, the next day he emails me and says, "You are definitely NOT a shy goob. I thought you were seeing it with a huge group of Dane fans. Haha. Anyway, I'm a huge movie buff and if you ever want to see a flick, definitely give me a call." He then gave me his cell #!! I replied and gave him my own # in return and said, "Hmm.. I wonder what is playing this week." Well, he didn't reply to THAT email, so I didn't push it and I didn't suggest we see something THIS week. I'm fairly certain he gets scared off easily, so I didn't want to rush him. He's also terribly, terribly shy. Every girl at work as a crush on him and no one has been able to figure him out at all. He's SO introverted.

That being said, I waited a week to talk to him again. I brought my Dane Cook 'retaliation' CD's with me and I'm letting him borrow those. He said that he's a big Jim Gaffigan fan and I was like, "Hey, do you have a DVD? You should let me borrow it sometime." I tried to be flirty about it.. but probably just sounded pushy. UGH! We were both so nervous.. it was ridiculous. I swear. The tension is on now, because we have sort of shown we think the other is interesting/attractive. Well, I emailed him after I got home and told him I looke dup Jim Gaffigan and that I thought he was hysterical. (totally true, too!) I also said something about how I hope I'm not driving him crazy by talking about Dane Cook constantly. (I'm a wee obsessed.. hehe) Well, he didn't respond to that email, either. It's kind of wierding me out. I don't know what to think. I realize he isn't BIG into email, but he's obviously capable of using it to show he's interested and/or build a friendship.

I also realize that I'm going to have to be the one to initiate every thing, when it comes to seeing "Employee of the Month." He'd probably never bring it up unless I bring it up again and set a specific day/time. He never initiates anything. I know he's horribly shy, but it still sort of.. makes me question if he even wants to hang out.Also, why is he ignoring my emails? I can not for the life of me, read him or understand his actions. Thoughts? Advice?

Last edited by else4; 09-27-2006 at 11:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
(female)

messee84 HB User
Re: No idea what to do

I think you're going to go crazy unless you just find out one way or the other...I know it's hard and really nerve racking but what's the worst that can happen? If you don't end up together it's just not meant to be and you'll get over it, honestly you will. If you want some inspiration then I was the one who initiated things with my boyfriend and we've been together nearly 3 years now and he still says how good it was that I approached him.

Ask him out...good luck

Closed Thread