It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 AM   #1

trackboy13 HB User
i really need your opinion on this one lol.

im sure something of this nature has been posted a million times, and ive seen a few close ones, but everybody's situation is nevertheless unique. So I'll post mine. And hopefully you'll help me out, lol.

Ok, Im 21, in college, have a job, live a very stable life. Still staying with the parents, but I'm saving up to move out. Ive been single for a while LOL but have no more problems than others getting a date with a girl "my age" (19-23?) Sooo..I end up meeting this girl. She's 16. We hung out a few times by chance, nothing more. Starting talking online, and actually went to the movies. I never thought i'd be so attracted to a girl so young. Is this worth pursuing?(BTW, its not illegial in any way, so no probs there)

Thanks soo much for your advice.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
(female)

*Spaz* HB User
Re: i really need your opinion on this one lol.

Honey you are messing with a child . Wouldnt go there if I was you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

I would say no - It's not worth it. The only reason I say this is because you are in a similar situation that my nephew was in.
He started dating a girl that was 15 (freshman in high school) and he was 17 - almost 18 (Senior in high school) They dated for 2 1/2 almost 3 yrs (she is now 17 and my nephew is 20 - she is senior) After my nephew graduated from high school he started working and going to college. He still lived in the same town (he didn't go away to school) so he still saw her almost every day. After awhile, he matured to the point that he didn't like doing the same things she liked to do. She wanted to go to the football games and all the high school dances (Homecoming, Prom etc,,,) and my nephew just isn't in to that kind of stuff anymore. He knew it wasn't fair to either of them if he stayed in the relationship because she needed to experience all those high school things and he had already "been there, done that". It was hard for my nephew because he is a very soft-hearted caring person, but he broke up with her.
He is now living on his own and started dating a girl his age. He is much happier and knows in the long run it was the right thing to do.
In a few years from now your age difference won't be a big deal, but I think right now it is. You are old enough to go to a bar and she's far from it. Besides, if I were her mother, I would have a heart attack.
I think you should try and find someone closer to your own age.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #4
(female)

messee84 HB User

yeah I think you're barkin up the wrong tree here...she may seem great to you right now but do you really want to be in a relationship with sum1 still in school? Even if you are chances are she wont be emotionally stable enough to handle a mature relationship. If you get on well what's the harm in stayin mates and if in a year or two you still feel the same, pursue it then.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:37 AM   #5

ksammon HB User

hello

i don't see anything wrong in seeing this girl yeah sure she's in HS so what we all where. when me and my xb/f starting dating i was 18 not underage but young he's 7 years older then me and we went out for 2 years. i mean come on what wrong in dating that what being youngs all about i mean you might date for a few weeks months years but i mean its all about having FUN its not like your asking this girl to marry you. i mean as long as your both on the same page i don't see what wrong

best of LUCk

Old 09-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
(female)

mrzshorty HB User

When I was 16, I dated a 21 yr. old. We had a good relationship. It ended only because HE ended up sleeping with my best-friend at the time.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:13 PM   #7

trackboy13 HB User

Yea idk maybe you guys got a point. Too say that we get along great and that she is very mature is an extreme understatement. And I mean her parents allowed her to date a 20 year old at 15 lol. But maybe I should be more realistic? Maybe I should just take the last piece of advice and do the friends thing for a while? Haha if i knew she was 16 before we started talking I would have avoided this, but finding out AFTER the fact, after Ive grown to like her, is kinda difficult.

Last edited by trackboy13; 09-29-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #8
(female)

browneyed-babe HB User

She is too young for you. Try finding someone at least 18 and out of high school. What could you possibly have in common besides attraction? You are a man who can drink, smoke, go out etc. She is a girl going to high school and has a curfew. When things get sexual between you what then? What if she ends up pregnant - things can happen you know? Then what? She is too young to be in that kind of relationship and you deserve to be able to have that kind of relationship with a girl your own age.

If you have a girl your own age then you can have the relationship you deserve without any guilt or worry. You can have fun, go out, drink, have sex - do whatever. You are in the prime of your life and should be having fun and not be saddled down with a girl who can't possibly provide you with this.

I wouldn't bother with the friends things. 16 yr old girls call fall very had for a guy and don't want to be just friends if there is an extreme attraction. Let her find a 16yr old boy to go out with.

I don't know what her parents are thinking and I may be really old fashioned here but I think you are way too old for her. I see my 16 yr old niece as just a girl although she is already taller than me! There is no way my brother would be letting her date a 20yr+ man! In fact she is doing the going to dances thing, etc and doesn't have a steady boyfriend. I think teens these days are growing up too fast and having an older boyfriend sure speeds up this process.

Closed Thread