It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 03:20 AM   #1
(female)

Catt18 HB User
What do you think?

okay...earlier this night my boyfriend recieved a call from his friend who was drunk and needed a ride.... we were hanging out at home...about to go to bed- my bf told me he was going to pick his friend up- i offered to drive with him to keep him company--grabbing my 4m/o puppy to bring along...hey we were just dropping the guy off why would i get ready? SOO after we pick him up the guy offers to buy my bf food. So at first the sugggestion is jack and the box-whatever it's on the way, semi fast, and easy. okay. lines too long- we end up not going- So we are keep driving then the guy says he wants Denny's and will buy everyone food- I suggest stopping by another jack and the box closer to his home- but he keeps insisting on Denny's. I say no i don't want to go in...I was in my pjs, had my little pup in the car...and honestly had no desire to eat after we had just eaten. (my bf and i earlier) so we pull into denny's the guy keeps saying "come on man just let her wait in the car" blah blah blah.... i was insanely angry at that point. My bf says no he can't do that ect... i suggested making an order to go....blah blah blah...that wasn't good enough.... anyways we keep driving towards the guys house.... We happen to pass another Denny's this time my bf pulls in.... the guy talks him into going in...ordering blah blah blah...keeps telling me to come in...I say no. I'm not leaving the dog in the dark car that doesn't lock properly (my boyfriends car, and one of the doors is broken) it was too cold (dog is a TINY TINY teacup puppy) i had short short short shorts on.....and a tank...the guy offers his huge swearshirt...i couldn't get no period into his head...the guy is complaining--"was i always like this" ect... my bf upset with me at that point continues with "i was always that way..." ect....Finally they both leave me in the car for about 30 mins.... I was insanly angry when he comes back 30 minutes....we are now fighting.... i guess im in the wrong now.... ahh! what would you do???
catt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
(female)

browneyed-babe HB User
Re: What do you think?

You are not in the wrong. First of all you and your boyfriend were trying to reason with someone who was drunk. Why bother, you two were the sober ones who went out of your way to pick up this jerk and drive him home. He should have been grateful and agreed to go the the drive through. Why did he have to be sitting in a restaurant. As you said you both had already eaten and were ready for bed. You boyfriend is being a jerk about the way he handled things. He should have told this friend that if he needed to eat he could get take out or drive through, end of story. For him to leave you sit in a car for 30 minutes is bull. He should be ashamed of himself for treating you this way.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

I agree your b/f was wrong he chose to put his friend (who was drunk ) ahead of your feelings.We all know when drunk we do not think as clearly.I just think the bigest problem here is though the way your b/f handled the situation as brown said he should have made it clear he was not going to leave you in the car and stuck to that.You were NOT being unreasonable at all had I been in short shorts and tank jammies no less and had my dog with me and all the same circumstances I would have refussed to go into a resturant as well.I hope your b/f realizes he was in the wrong and apologizes.

Last edited by tnmomofive; 09-30-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Old 09-30-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

I would like to add that your boyfriend is probably young?

People learn to deal with situations differently as they get older and are more mature.
It is a plus that he would drive a drunk friend home rather than risk attending that friend's funeral.
It is a minus (and probably just an immature one) that he caved under his drunk friend's pressure.

The situation that YOU will need to deal with here is whether you hang on to this one instance or let it go.
If it is a real problem and NOT immaturity on his part you'll find out sooner or later and can decide from there what to do with the relationship.

But, the guy caved, made a poor decision. If you make a mistake in how you deal with something down the road, how do you want HIM to deal with YOU?!

Old 09-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

yeah that is a very good point ruth im sure we all did tons of things out of pure immaturity when real young and we had to learn as we got older.I am still learning lol

Last edited by tnmomofive; 09-30-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User

Man, talk about being an a-hole lol. I would never do that to my girlfriend, especially when my friend is drunk and acting like a moron. Especially when you have a young dog that shouldn't be left alone in the car, and pajamas that have your *** hanging out of them. And leaving you in the car for a half hour? I'd be chewing this guy out like crazy if I were you.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

I know what I would have done.

As soon as the shock of being left in the car wore off, I would have climbed out, kicked and pummeled the car a few times, and then walked home. No matter the distance, no matter what I was wearing. Once I got home I would have packed my stuff and then found somewhere else to spend the night and possibly the next few days/weeks/rest of my lifetime.

There is no way on Earth I would put up with that. NO WAY would I sit out in the car for a 1/2 hour while my boyfriend sits inside a restaurant calmly enjoying a meal. That is one of the few scenarios where I can actually imagine myself committing homicide.

Why would YOU be in the wrong? Why would you even say that? I think the best solution would have been to take you home, and then the two of them could go out and eat wherever they wanted. That is what I'd tell my boyfriend to do in that situation.

I'm kind of amazed that you went back home with him and he lived through the night. He's just lucky you're his girlfriend and I'm not. That's all I'm saying.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User

Gypsy, you crack me up

Old 09-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

punkybear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyArcher
I know what I would have done.

As soon as the shock of being left in the car wore off, I would have climbed out, kicked and pummeled the car a few times, and then walked home. No matter the distance, no matter what I was wearing. Once I got home I would have packed my stuff and then found somewhere else to spend the night and possibly the next few days/weeks/rest of my lifetime.

There is no way on Earth I would put up with that. NO WAY would I sit out in the car for a 1/2 hour while my boyfriend sits inside a restaurant calmly enjoying a meal. That is one of the few scenarios where I can actually imagine myself committing homicide.

Why would YOU be in the wrong? Why would you even say that? I think the best solution would have been to take you home, and then the two of them could go out and eat wherever they wanted. That is what I'd tell my boyfriend to do in that situation.

I'm kind of amazed that you went back home with him and he lived through the night. He's just lucky you're his girlfriend and I'm not. That's all I'm saying.
Omg exactly!!!! Hello! How could you be wrong? Your bf is being a jerk. I would be so livid I don't know what I would have done but homicide might have been at the top of a very long list. Why is that that certain people can do something so absolutely atrocious yet we second guess ourselves and thind we did something wrong by being mad? Honey, you are so in the right it is not even funny. I would be so mad

Old 10-01-2006, 06:48 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

lmao gypsy I guess your right though

Closed Thread