It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

Lissy718 HB User
Unhappy I fear that Im losing him

How do I regain his trust?

I made a mistake and now he doesnt trust me.........................

This cant be happening to me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #2

Graham81 HB User
Re: I fear that Im losing him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy718

Hi,

I guess it depends on what the mistake was, how willing he is to move on from it and forget it, and how certain you are not to repeat it.

In regards to regaining trust. I guess you regain it by being consistent and giving them no new reason to distrust you.

Wish I could be of more help, but u didnt leave too much to go on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
(female)

Lissy718 HB User
Unhappy Re: I fear that Im losing him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham81
Hi,

I guess it depends on what the mistake was, how willing he is to move on from it and forget it, and how certain you are not to repeat it.

In regards to regaining trust. I guess you regain it by being consistent and giving them no new reason to distrust you.

Wish I could be of more help, but u didnt leave too much to go on.

OK your right..... it just im in a very bad mood right now

Its kinda a long story ...... In a nut shell I had an inappropriate convo with my ex and my now bf found it and wasnt happy... I realize this is a form of cheating. Also i dont deny it at all. I know i made the mistake. I want him to forgive me. We are so close to our one year anni. I dont want to lose him.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

lissy what possessed you to emotionally cheat on the man you're sort-of engaged to and planning on having a baby with?
maybe you should re-think that baby idea for a while.
put it on the back burner.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
(male)

b-rad HB User

The only suggestion I can give with the information you provided is to sit down and talk with him. Explain why the conversation happened with the ex, why you feel bad about it and also why it won't happen again. Don't hide anything, just lay it all out on the table and be honest. He may need a little time to think things through, but most of all, let him know that it's not going to happen again, you knew you were mistaken, and want him to forgive you for it eventually and move on with your relationship.

Best of luck.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
(female)

Lissy718 HB User
Thumbs down Re: I fear that Im losing him

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz
lissy what possessed you to emotionally cheat on the man you're sort-of engaged to and planning on having a baby with?
maybe you should re-think that baby idea for a while.
put it on the back burner.

Rose I already told u im not gonna explain anything to you....... Theres always somebody online that thinks that their opinion is the only one that counts. I end this post here

Old 10-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #7
(male)

kingam HB User

Quote:
Rose I already told u im not gonna explain anything to you....... Theres always somebody online that thinks that their opinion is the only one that counts. I end this post here
you came here looking for advice. if you dont like what people may or may not say to you, then dont post. as simple as that.

if you were my girlfriend, i would kick you to the curb. no offense, i dont know you of course, but that trust is not easy to build back up.

you shouldnt fear you are losing him, you ARE losing him because you made a mistake. honestly, i dont blame him for wanting to leave, sorry.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

Quote:

It maybe be easy to forgive.. but it's hard to forget.

If anything, just give him time. There's really nothing else you can do.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #9
(female)

Lissy718 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingam
you came here looking for advice. if you dont like what people may or may not say to you, then dont post. as simple as that.

if you were my girlfriend, i would kick you to the curb. no offense, i dont know you of course, but that trust is not easy to build back up.

you shouldnt fear you are losing him, you ARE losing him because you made a mistake. honestly, i dont blame him for wanting to leave, sorry.

She came into this thread talking about something i said in another thread and at no point did she give me advise in that or this thread alot of people have gave me advise and it wasnt always what i wanted to hear but i took it and for my MISTAKE im only human and i live up to it every living day of my life

Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #10
(female)

Lissy718 HB User

We are working on it we have been talking alot we dont always agree but he hasnt said he wants to leave me so thats a plus

Old 10-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

JBravo223 HB User

I don't think you will ever be able to have a trusting relationship with this guy. There is no way for anyone who feels cheated on to ever trust the other person 100%. Even trusting someone 90% is not enough...
Besides, if your having those types of conversations with another guy then I believe that you don't truely love your boyfriend.

I say move on and learn from your mistakes.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

JBravo223 HB User

Quote:
We are working on it we have been talking alot we dont always agree but he hasnt said he wants to leave me so thats a plus
He may have ot said it but is probably thinking about it. What would you do if you were in his shoes?

Old 10-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #13
(female)

Lissy718 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBravo223
He may have ot said it but is probably thinking about it. What would you do if you were in his shoes?

I would be mad i dont blame him for that........ I cant say if i would leave him or not thats the hard part I want to say i wouldnt leave him but i know what your gonna say...............

Old 10-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #14
(female)

punkrokchk2000 HB User

Sorry for the harsh words, but.....

What possessed you to have this conversation with your ex in the first place? Think about it.

Do your current boyfriend a favor and stop running after him. Let him go. You don't really want to be with him, anyway.

next.

Closed Thread