It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

soulster HB User
husband being unfair or not?

I have a question- a couple of evenings ago I got drunk and not so much because I overdrank I think... but because I think I dont mix my drinks well or cant tolerate some drinks and am relatively small framed... I had two beers and two shots of rum and coke- not all at once... I thought I could handle that but after the mutual friend of mine and my husband's left our apartment after a hang out session, I just felt it hit me and I puked so bad and became completely ill... never felt that way- it just took everything out of me... my husband was there to aid me in my puking session which lasted hours and the next day I felt so sick... pretty much for a couple of days after that... dont know what happened... quess our bodies react in all sorts of mannerisms to alchohol. But needless to say, my husband didnt show the least bit of pity for me ... instead he was very harsh with me, never once asked how I was doing or if I felt better.... and said he didnt want to talk about it. I just felt really hurt and horrible to know he didnt once ask if I felt better even if he thought what I did was wrong.... do you think he could have shown some concern or was he justififed in his actions??? Instead he stated that why should he show any concern when I didnt even have the decency to apoligize... which I would have if he was a little nicer about the whole thing. He just kept harping on me not apoligizing and then he slept on the couch the next evening because he was so upset at me... I dont know... I just cant see his point and feel he is being unfair on me??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
(female)

D31 HB User
Re: husband being unfair or not?

I think if this was a rare thing to happen for you, then he is being unreasonable. I could see if that everytime you drink you have a puke fest. But if this was a odd thing, then I think he is blowing it out of proportion. Everyone now and then drinks to much and makes an *** of themselves at some point in there life. If it bothers him that much maybe he should talk to you about it. Rather than give the silent treatment and sleep on the couch.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

What, pray tell, were you supposed to apologize FOR? Getting sick? What does he think, you enjoyed puking all night and did it just to annoy him?

I totally do not get why you should apologize. I also do not get why he threw a fit and slept on the couch the next night. What exactly is his problem? You were at home, your friends had already left. Your husband sounds like a giant spaz.

As for the drinking thing, do you drink very often? It could be that your tolerance is way down. Back in the day I was throwing back an average of four beers and three shots a night. (Ah, squandered youth). I stopped drinking at the beginning of the year, but thought I could still tie one on for special occassions. However, even a single shot will leave me feeling hungover and sick, so I've just given up the whole thing up altogether.

I keep thinking there has to be something more to the story here, is your husband really just mad because you threw up? That sounds extremely irrational.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #4
(female)

daisy01 HB User

Does your husband drink himself or maybe he had the sort of upbringing where alcohol is frowned upon?

My father was an alcoholic and as a result I very rarely drink, and I hate it when I see people drunk, it scares me. If you have a tummy bug does he treat you in the same way when you have spent the night puking or is he considerate and caring?

There may be a good reason for why he reacted in the way he did, but he needs to talk to you about it.
best wishes

Closed Thread