It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
(male)

gymnast94588 HB User
Best way to say "NO"?

So there is this girl that is going to ask me to the homecoming dance at school.

I do not want to go with her.

I was thinking of just saying "No.", but that seems a little bit abrupt and rude , and might make her cry

Maybe just avoid? Dance is still awhile away though...I would have to change my whole lunch plan and reroute my walks to different classes for 2 weeks...very hard task to do

!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User
Re: Best way to say "NO"?

Just man up and say, "hey, thanks for asking but I just don't see you as more than a friend." Do you really want to try avoiding her for weeks just so you don't have to get into a 30 second awkward confrontation?

It's not rude to say no, it just depends on how you say it. It'd be more rude to say yes and waste hers and your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 03:55 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Willapp HB User

Best idea is to ask someone else first, then just tell her that you're flattered that she asked you, but unfortunately you've already asked someone else.

I suppose you could do this even without asking someone else (i.e. lie) but personally I would try and ask someone else first. That's probably the least hurtful way you could resolve this, unless somehow she knows you don't have a partner yet, and also knows you know she wants to ask you. In this case saying you've asked someone else probably would hurt, but you can't avoid that sometimes.

Old 10-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberNick
Just man up and say, "hey, thanks for asking but I just don't see you as more than a friend." Do you really want to try avoiding her for weeks just so you don't have to get into a 30 second awkward confrontation?

It's not rude to say no, it just depends on how you say it. It'd be more rude to say yes and waste hers and your time.

Let's not assume that just b/c you go to a dance with someone what they want to be more than friends with you. In all the dances I went to while in high school, I always went with guy friends - whether they asked me or I asked them.

I agree with the other poster - ask someone else first so that you can tell this girl that you already have a date.

Closed Thread