It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
(male)

Soldat HB User
In need of advice in a new situation...

I am 20 years old and a sophomore in college. I've had my share of bad relationships, and while I try to learn from them, They tend to make my outlook on females and relationships in general not a good one. I have a very hard time trusting girls because they've mistreated me quite abit in the past.

Enough of the backstory, I met a girl recently who I love to be around. We hang out alot and she obviously has feelings for me. We've been physical as well.

But thats not the problem. I've been heartbroken before, and when it happened, I needed counseling and monthes before I was totally back to normal. Now i dont have a hard time getting girls, but I much prefer relationships to the one night stands type thing. I have a hard time finding girls I can enjoy a relationship with. Im started to really like her, maybe even love her, and this is the first time its been totally beyond my control. Normally I can pick and choose who i end up loving, but not this time. It scares me and I dont know If i want to risk the pain of heartbreak at this point...but at the same time, I cant help but wonder if its worth the risk.

If anybody can give me help, what should I do? Stop hanging around her to cut off the emotional connection? Try to go through with something meaningful? I know I cant just hide from emotions, but Im seriously totally in the dark here.

This is probably rediculous to you all, but I normally have lots of control over my emotions, but they're taking the reigns on this one. Advice would be great...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 12:23 AM   #2
(female)

BlueFira HB User
Lightbulb Re: In need of advice in a new situation...

Relationships are like investments. The higher the return the greater the risk. In your case, it's like the market crashed on you a few times. However if you don't risk your heart you will never find love. The only advice I can give is move things slowly. You don't know if you can trust someone without getting to know the person first. I'm assuming your current relationship is relatively short... maybe a couple of months? Well you're still young, hold your horses and take it slow.

Closed Thread