It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
(female)

luvablehunni HB User
Angry Man Problem. Extremely confused !

Okay so here is the story. I have this close [Male] friend. He is 23 and I am 19. I met him about 2 months ago. We get along very well, many of the same interests, we can hold a conversation, etc... Anyway, the night we first met him and my best friend kind of took a liking to one another I guess you could say? The reason I think he liked her was because his friend liked me. So he didn't really have any other option I guess you could say. I was already on a "Double date" with his friend. I did not like his friend though, I liked him. So at the end of the night I asked for his number. To make a long story short, my best friend and him didn't work out. So...I went away on vacation the end of August and the whole time I was away we would text eachother every day. On my vacation I would write things things like "Wow it's so hot here!" and his response was "JUST LIKE YOU". I obviously took that as extreme flirtation. This was back in the early days when we had just met. As weeks have gone by we've gotton closer as much as in just hanging out like on weekends/clubbing... We talk online all the time, call each other occasionally. I really like him! Now he is telling me he is dating this girl. I am just totally speachless. He knows I like him. I've told him countless times. He has flirted with me in so many ways in which I can't completely describe on here but it was definate flirtation. The things he would say expressed he did like me. So what is going on? I asked him "WHY ARE YOU DATING THIS GIRL?" and he's like "Well I've been single for awhile and it was time to move on". Does any of this make sense? He asked me if I was alright and I said I just wish things were different and his response to that was "Life isnt always the way we want it to go sometimes". Then he goes on to explaining she isn't his girlfriend, he's just dating her and not sure where things will go. I'm just dumbfounded! Can someone explain this? He barley ever calls me or texts me anymore. But he does IM ME a lot. He's usually the first one to IM ME. I do not understand this situation. Some feedback would be brilliant.

Thankyou luv's <3 xo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #2
(female)

BlueFira HB User
Lightbulb Re: Man Problem. Extremely confused !

I know it's hard, but face it he is a JERK. Unless you guys actually did some dating I doubt he would consider you as a girlfriend or a date. Men are strange creatures and some are down right mean. You got played. Sure at first he keeps giving you non-stop attention until he gets bored and then he moves on to something new and shiny. It's worst for you because you didn't even have a relationship with him.

Only one solution: MOVE ON!! There are plenty of other guys out there and you deserve someone who can at least commit himself to you. Next time actually get the guy out and about instead of doing IMing or e-mailing. Guys actually need visual aids to keep them interested.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:08 AM   #3
(female)

rasaht HB User
Re: Man Problem. Extremely confused !

Or tell him exactly how you feel and what you want from him.
Maybe he is just as confused as you are by the way you act towards him.
I mean he did change his tune about the girl he was "dating" once you said you wish things were different...

On the other hand, if he says he does not want to be with you, ask him why, or to explain the flirtation. Yes, men are confusing creatures, but that doesn't mean there aren't reasons behind the things they do, or that they don't get confused themselves about what they want or should be doing. Just talk to him.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
(female)

luvablehunni HB User

It's just a weird situation. Like when I asked how his "Girlfriend" was he quickly responded with "She's not my girlfriend, we're just dating". And he says tons of flirty things to me. What makes me really mad is that when we plan something he forgets all about it. Like I saw him Friday night and he asked what I was doing Saturday and I told him nothing so he said he would call me up. He never did, then that following night I called him at like 10 and he was out with a bunch of friends at a bar. I know, these signs arn't good. This is depressing =[ I feel as though he just does not like me anymore. Ahh!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

mismax HB User

Honey, he is dating someone else. I think you got the answer right in front of you and you just don't want to see it. There will be other guys so don't worry. It's time to move on. If he is meant to be in your life he will be. I really wouldn't fret over this too much. Take care

Closed Thread