It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User
Should I?

There's a girl in one of my child development classes in college that I think is really beautiful, although I've never gotten the chance to talk to her. I have a class before that is across campus, so when I arrive there's usually only a few seats left in random areas of the room. We're about five weeks or so into classes, and I just can't find an in to start up a conversation with her, unless I wanted to shout hello from across the room

I guess what is weird is that I feel kind of awkward about just approaching her out of the blue. She always leaves class with a few other girls, and I don't really have a reason to talk to her (other than that she's aesthetically pleasing), so I don't really know what I would say to her if I were to approach her. I can just imagine myself running after her, saying, "Um, hi! You're... in my class back there, um.. you're pretty? Wanna hang out?" lol, yeah.. not so smooth.

I guess I just wanted to ask, whats a good way to start up a conversation and maybe ask her to get some coffee sometime? I don't think it'd normally be a big deal, but the fact that she's in a group makes it a little more daunting of a task. The only thing I'm worried about is that if she says no, I'll have to deal with seeing her and her friends every day in class for the next twelve weeks or so, and that's obviously not fun.

It's the last year of college for me, so I want to take a few more chances talking to girls that I see some potential with. What's a good way to approach her?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2006, 04:59 AM   #2
(female)

odina HB User
Re: Should I?

Couldn't you start by striking up a conversation about your coursework...maybe by approaching her group firstly...even asking for their advice on one aspect to do with an assignment etc.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

also, why not just wait the 12 weeks until the course is just about to end. Then you can approach her, if she turns you down, then at least you won't have the embarrassment of having to face her again!

Maybe at the end of the course, you could suggest everyone goe out for a drink as a celebration for the end of the course. That will take the pressure off.

Good luck

Old 10-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User

Well, sounds like you just have to wait for your opportunity. Try to find ways to make eye contact and see if she returns it (but don't stare her down or anything). I don't really think you should wait until the very end of classes, because that could be too late. Do you think you could find out where else she hangs out on campus? Then you could stop by there and be like "oh hey you're in my child development class..."

Old 10-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User

Thanks for the advice.

I can't really make eye contact with her or get her to notice me or anything because all the seats are facing in the same direction (towards the front of the room). I don't really know how I'd feel about scoping her out and seeing where she hangs out on campus, that feels a little stalkerish to me personally lol (no offense). It's also my last class for the day, so I'm not really on campus afterwards.

I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens, since it doesn't seem like there's much else I can do. Maybe I'll use the end of class celebration idea if it arises, that seems like a good idea. Hopefully a chance arises before then though.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

Leave the class before child development (make an excuse to the teacher, it's not that hard) a little early so that way you could see where that girl and her friends are going to sit that day and sit by them..

Just so you know, and I AM NOT conceited, a lot of guys in school approached me that I wasn't necessarily that into for more than a friend and just because I turned them down, I didn't think anything of them.... at all. I didn't think every time I saw that particuliar guy, "ohhh thats the guy that likes me." It was nothing like that at all... it was NO BIG DEAL.

I can guarantee that tons of guys approach that girl, and you may be the one that she'll go out to coffee with..and if not, no biggie! who cares, it's all petty stuff!!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:10 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User

Thanks Nicole.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more it sounds like I'm a crazy overanalytical weirdo lol. The only reason I think I would have more than just an average chance is that she always watches me and looks at me when I walk into class, all the way until I sit down. But then again, it might be because I'm one of three guys in the class among about forty-five girls. Maybe she's just not use to seeing our kind much

I'm not really bad with girls, it's just that most of the ones I end up dating or seeing are ones I have a chance to get to know and talk to in class. And since I'm a Child Dev. minor, pretty much all of my classes are 95% women which doesn't hurt.

Old 10-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

I guess growing up I am learning to sort through the things in my life. What's petty, whats major, ya know?... and once you have it organized in your head it makes things easier, life in general easier.

And no matter how you ask her, no matter what you say, it's still going to be, "you asked her out"... so stop fretting on HOW to approach and just do it. =-)

And if she is eye'ing (sp? lol) you then i'm sure she thinks your cute. I've had classes where there is only like 1 guy in there (bookkeeping course) and I never eyed him just because he was the only guy.

Just be yourself. That is key. You seem like a smart and very nice person, so you really have nothing to worry about......

I don't think your over analyzing anything, well yeah you kinda are lol, but not in a psycho, stalker way or anything, your just being human

ask her out and then tell us what she said

Closed Thread