It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
(male)

jeg779 HB User
She is Extreme Christian / I Not So Extreme

I have been seeing this girl for about a month now, I am 21, she is 21, and we both agree that we make a great match. She tells me how much she likes me and stuff. Now, She and I havn't held hands, or kissed ...only hugs at the end of a date... It has been hard for me to stick with it for a month. AM i such a bad person? I can live with out the sex..but right now, we do nothing... I mean that in the sense of.. .two nights ago we were here at my apartment watching sappy chick flicks, watching all the romance and stuff.. Well she sits down.. with a 5 foot gap between us...and i move closer and i see her fidget.. NOw I am getting mixxed signals.. How do you deal with someone who wanting to take her time.. Because she has made bad decisions in the past. ? ? ? Any advice?
FYI : We have both been in long term committed relationships before. . . is the only thing i can really do is reassure her that I don't want sex? I want to support her, but all i can see is that we are just friends. . .

Old 10-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
(female)

BlueFira HB User
Lightbulb Re: She is Extreme Christian / I Not So Extreme

Somehow I think there's another reason why she is acting so nervous around you besides her religion. Did you have a talk with her abour her mix signals? Since you're the one have the relationship with her and you can't read her mind why would you think practical strangers online would know how to read her mind? Have a chat with her and maybe you'll find out the answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 05:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: She is Extreme Christian / I Not So Extreme

If she doesn't want you closer than 5 feet from her or she gets uneasy then it's not a religion issue you are dealing with. I know a month is not a real long time but certainly long enough to sit close And what does sitting close have to do with religion anyway? It is definately time to say to her "what's up with you? I don't get it?" Maybe she has some major issues.

Last edited by keepsgoin; 10-09-2006 at 05:42 AM.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

she may be a very nice girl, but the bottom line is that you're just not compatable.....

it's like trying to put a square peg in a round hole....

be friends with her, but don't waste your time trying to have a relationship.....you will just end up frustrated and resentful.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User

If a girl fidgets and looks uneasy when you get closer to her... it has nothing to do with her being a "hardcore" Christian. I know lots of Christian couples that don't have sex but are still very affectionate with each other. Just talk to her about it, as others said maybe you just aren't compatible. Religion is only one aspect.

Closed Thread