It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
(male)

ghosthunter5487 HB User
Met a Girl

I went to a party in the same halls as I live in and we started chatting for ages having a laugh I eventually had the courage to say we should meet up for a drink sometime she said yes and we exchanged phone numbers. I want to text her so bad but I dont want her to think I am being too persistent. Any advice would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User
Re: Met a Girl

Sounds like she will want you to call her. Girls usually don't give out their numbers unless they want to be called. Personally I prefer an actual phone call to texting if you just met someone. Call her up and say "hey, how about that drink?" If she's into you, she'll most likely say yes, and you'll make plans. You already talked to her for awhile so you do know her personality a bit. So just be yourself and give her a call. I don't think that is being overly persistent if she gave you her number. If you call her or text her over and over again and get no response, then you want to back off. But, you should definately give it a try! Get on that phone, boy! Girls don't just give their numbers out to anyone and everyone. Lucky you -- she gave you hers! Have some confidence and be yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
(male)

ghosthunter5487 HB User

Thanks I will do that and let you know how it goes

Old 10-09-2006, 08:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Lance0204 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotagirl
Girls usually don't give out their numbers unless they want to be called.
that's not exactly true but i agree on calling...text messaging is ridiculous,

Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

Call her. Try to have a great conversation with her (lots of humour). When things are getting really good, tell her you have to go. Don't ask her out yet! If the conversation was good, she'll be left wondering why you didn't ask her out, which further builds the attraction. Then call a few days later to ask her out.

I probably sense some of you thinking why play these games. 1) It makes you different from the avg guy. 2) B/c attraction works on a subconscious level, and things like this build attraction if done properly.

Last edited by Andrew29; 10-10-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
(male)

ghosthunter5487 HB User

I contacted her but she never replied

Old 10-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthunter5487
I contacted her but she never replied
What do you mean you contacted her? You called, she didn't answer? You called, left a msg, and she didn't call back? There could be hundreds of reasons why she didn't respond.. don't think negatively.

I'd go with the 3 strikes, ur out rule. Try 2 more times. If things don't work, don't feel bad. It's hard to get into the mindset, but don't think of it as "rejection" cause rejection doesn't exist...SHE'S THE ONE THAT MISSED OUT.

Good luck.

Last edited by Andrew29; 10-10-2006 at 03:48 PM.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #8
(male)

JBravo556 HB User

I agree with Andrew29 but don't call back today. Wait two days before you call her again. She knows you called and if she wants to talk she will call you back. If you do speak to her make sure you keep the conversation brief... the phone call should only be used to setup a date not to talk to her... this is important for two reasons:

1) You want to avoid falling into the friend category.
2) If you say all you have to say on the phone you will have nothing to talk about when you see her.

Example:
you: Hey how's it going?
her: good what's up?
you: I know this great [think of a place] that I'd like to take you. Are you free on [pick a weekday] ?

Weekdays are always better because it makes you look like you have a busy social life. If you start out with Saturday you're telling her you have nothing to do. Remember this, women love a challange... the more of a challange you are the more she will chase you.

good luck

Old 10-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Maybe she doesn't want to seem too anxious either...after all today is just the 10th and you started to thread the 9th Maybe she wasn't able to reply yet? At work or something?

Closed Thread