It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

nixnax HB User
Unhappy relationship help

hi there ....how are you all...

i have been in a serious relationship for 1.5 years now and things are getting fustrating..... my boyfriend has now told me that he wants to still wants to be with me but he wants to go around and sleep with other girls to get more "experience". this has really hurt me and i am confused as to what i should do...we are living together and support each other fiacially....can anyone give me some advice please!!!

thanks a million

Old 10-11-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: relationship help

my advice would be to move out, get your own place, wish him luck and be done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 07:29 AM   #3
(female)

nixnax HB User

the problem is i wont beable to survive on my own as i dont earn enough money .... thaat is the main problem and i love him!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

then you get a room mate, move back with mom, get a 2nd job, etc....
you do what you have to do......
the more dependent you are on him, the more he will take advantage of you.
you love him? what do you love about him?
do you love him enough to tell him it's ok for him to have sex with others?
do you love him or do you just not have enough self esteem to care about yourself?

Old 10-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #5
(female)

nixnax HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz
then you get a room mate, move back with mom, get a 2nd job, etc....
you do what you have to do......
the more dependent you are on him, the more he will take advantage of you.
you love him? what do you love about him?
do you love him enough to tell him it's ok for him to have sex with others?
do you love him or do you just not have enough self esteem to care about yourself?
the thing is that he treats me wonderfully.,....its just this thing that he wants to "experrience" more girls beause he has only ever been with me....and he thinks that it is not right for a guy to have one partner in his life time...he says that he loves me and wants to marry me and have a family with me....

Old 10-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

I agree completely with Rose.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:00 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixnax
the thing is that he treats me wonderfully.,....its just this thing that he wants to "experrience" more girls beause he has only ever been with me....and he thinks that it is not right for a guy to have one partner in his life time...he says that he loves me and wants to marry me and have a family with me....
oh yes he sounds like mister wonderful!
you sound like you're defending him.......
so is it ok with you?
if it's not, you need to take a stand and stop acting like a welcome mat that he wipes his feet on.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User

You know, in a way, he's right. Most people these days aren't just with one person their whole lives. Which doesn't mean that is the way to do it or that being with just one person is wrong -- there are also MANY people who still marry the only person they've been with and they stay together for life. Yes, it does happen.

With that being said, a lot of people aren't with their first love forever. You may think it will last forever, but usually it doesn't and people grow in different directions and move on. When you fall in love young, quite often it doesn't last. One partner or both may feel the need to experience more in life. BUT, that means that you two just weren't meant to be together forever.

If he wants to be with other girls, and it sounds like he does, then you need to move on, too. He can't have it both ways. It would not work. Would he want you to sleep with other guys?????? Don't let him give you that "well I'm a guy" excuse. No way. That's NOT how it works. If he wants to be with other girls, then you're gone, that's it, and you'll move on and fall in love with someone else. Who knows, maybe a few years after that, you'll end up back together. But you don't want to be sleeping with each other and with others. That's a very good way to spread diseases.

I think you need to be more independent. You're young. Don't settle so young! I got married when I was just barely 21 years old to the boyfriend I had been with since I was 17. I never cheated on him for 6 years that we were together, then two years into the marriage I did cheat -- one of the reasons is that I felt I wanted to "experience" someone else. Well, I ended up leaving him. I just don't think that I was meant to be with my high school boyfriend forever. I was too young to make that committment. Don't make the same mistakes.

Sure, he says he wants to marry you, and you may have a fantasy about a wedding and marriage. But, don't let that make you stay with him. In your life, you may meet several guys who want to marry you and treat you like you deserve.

I would try to get on my own two feet if I were you -- get a second job, move back home, get a roommate. Good luck!

Old 10-11-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

Yeah, great guy!

Did you ever think that if he were to go out and sleep with other women that he could get one pregnant or catch a disease?

If he loved you - he wouldn't want to be with anyone else!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

He should have thought about that BEFORE he moved in with you.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #11
(female)

messee84 HB User

You sound like a door mat...no offense intended but your boyfriend wants to have his cake and eat it (for want of a newer phrase) and you love him so you're gonna just sit back and let him do that???? He needs to decide what's more important- havin a future with the girl he says he wants to marry or having sex with some random girls.

In my opinion if he's asking you to let him do this he's not worth the heart ache. If this is what he really wants to do pack your bags and leave...now! Unless you can live with him gettin his 'experience' that is.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #12
(male)

JBravo556 HB User

maybe he is trying to see if you'll let him bring another girl into the bedroom with him. If a girl I was dating told me that she wanted to sleep with other guys I would drop her like a bad habbit. As much as it may hurt it IS best for YOU to get rid of this guy. Even if he says he changed his mind and won't sleep with other girls will YOU be able to TRUST him? I doubt it.

What happens if he meets a girl he likes more than you and decides to leave you? That is a real possibility... In his eyes you don't satisfy him in some way and that is why he is looking to sleep with other girls so eventually he will cheat on you and leave you. Don't put yourself in that situation! You have the opportunity to drop him and save yourself some face.

Good Luck!

Closed Thread