It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
(female)

glycolysis123 HB User
Cheating Dreams. What does this mean?

So, I keep having recurring dreams that I'm cheating on my boyfriend with other people. Just random people I meet places, and get with when I know he's not around. These are like nightmares, because everytime I have one, I wake up in a cold sweat feeling completely guilty and horrible.

I would NEVER do this to him. I care for him a lot and he's wonderful. I just don't understand WHY I keep having these dreams of me knowingly getting with other guys. In my dreams I usually say something like, " oh, well, you're pretty cute. Just this once. He'll never find out." Or, " I know I shouldn't, but...".

Any Ideas?

Old 10-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
(female)

messee84 HB User
Re: Cheating Dreams. What does this mean?

Don't worry too much about these dreams. I used to have dreams like that when I was with my ex but as I knew I would never do that I didn't read too much into them, as that is what matters. Dreams are just a way for your unconcious mind to express certain worries or anxieties but they are rarely as simple as they seem, so you dreaming of cheatin on him doesn't mean that you unconsciously wish to do that or that you ever will. Perhaps you should look it up in a dreams book?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
(female)

pinkkangaroo HB User

Hello.
i just wanted to say that i've been in the exact same position. I love my bf with all of my heart, and have/would never cheat on him. I always have dreams that guys convince me into sleeping with them even tho they know im taken. In the dream,my boyfriend always finds out...and i always wake up like right afterward thinking to myself.."how silly, i would NEVER do that".... but it still makes you feel guilty because it feels like you did. I think in my case it has to do with feeling guilty even tho i'm not. My bf used to be kinda insecure and he would kinda accuse me...and so in my subconscience, i like put guilt on myself. IDK if that makes any sense, but hopefully it helps.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

redsoxgirl2418 HB Userredsoxgirl2418 HB User

i also have these dreams. Most of the time, random guys just get me to kiss them, even though I tell them that I have a fiance. In my dream, I'm always like, "well, it's not really a big deal, it's just a kiss" but of course, I would think it was a huge deal in real life, and would NEVER do it. But this is coming from somebody who once had an incredibly disturbing dream in which I was fooling around with my brother, so maybe I'm just some kind of freak.

Closed Thread