It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

apple_juice HB User
should i tell him i love him?

Im so in love with my boyfriend. W,ell I do not know if I can call him that anymore becaue we had a HUGE argument on Friday and I told him it was all over. I sent him a text two hours ago and I tried calling but it looks as though he is ignoring me. I asked him may be we should have a talk??
The argument was a silly one- but we have had so many, its making my skin crawl- it aint a joke anymore. But its because of insecurities. I keep arguing with him and vice versa. Life has been such hassle. I feel insecure. I don't think he is in love with me- he never tells me. But his behaviour, at times, suggests he is. We are both very shy and insecure- because of the past. My friends and mother tell me we both love each other but we are too shy/ insecure/ not comfortable enough. But this means nothing- I do not hear it from his mouth. Have been together for quite some time- like a year now.
Should I tell him I love him? I do not think I'd be able to bring myself to do it- how could a gal tell her man she loves him when he aint said nothing?
A few weeks ago, when things were getting real good again, he said he loved me. But he told me that right at the beginning then said he loved me but wasnt in love with me- because it was way too soon. LOL sorted out the confusion! so im confused.
it would never be a good idea to tell him would it before he tells me if he ever was to tell me how he truely felt.
i know i dont want to continue if he isnt in love with me. but i dont have the courage to ask. which makes me think- well i dont need to ask because if he was, he would tell me??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

brazilman HB User
Re: should i tell him i love him?

Well, I know words are important, but his attitude to you is even more so. Sometimes words just don't tell the truth. They tell just what the other party wants to hear.

As for your fights or quarrels: it is natural for a young couple to disagree, but holding grudges or staying angry for a long time is a bad sign. The important thing is to listen to what the other has to say and consider it fully before giving a final response.

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't tell him that I loved him just out of the blue, unless he made a question. As said above, love is better shown through attention, support, affection and a smile.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
(female)

RiAnne HB User
Re: should i tell him i love him?

please do not ever ask a person if they love you. cause if the answer is 'no' then you'd be hurt and maybe even start an argument. never ask any question unless you can stand to hear both sides of it. don't ask something just to get 1 particular answer. also, never tell a person that it is over unless you mean it. it is considered 'playing games' to some people.

now that that's out of the way. if you love him and want to tell him then do it, but don't do it just so that you can hear it back. do it only if you want to.

Closed Thread