It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 05:31 AM   #1
(male)

IMMY779 HB User
Angry My Mom and my tv shows

ok my mom sits in teh living room when im waching my tv shows out there where we have digital cable ok well in teh shows i wach there is a gay guy in one and a lesbian girl in a nother, and durring the whole show she is asking me how can i wach a show with a gay guy/lesbians in it? and i wanna know if there is sone thing i can do about here critizing my shows, wich she waches thoes stupid desining shows whit guys who are some what gay. how should i deal with it and ive already told her that its no different that the desinger shows. and just incase you are wondering the shows i wach are on canadian tv there called DEGRASSI and SOUTH OF NOWHERE

Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

brazilman HB User
Re: My Mom and my tv shows

Hi

I don't know if I got the whole picture here, but I suppose that your mother is an elderly, conservative lady, who thinks that such TV shows are immoral. I am afraid you won't be able to change her attitude.

Maybe she is also concerned that you are gay, just because you watch those TV shows. Of course this is not her business, but you are her son (maybe the only son), so it is only natural that she wants to know whether or otherwise to be reassured.

I presume this is her home. So, even if it's you the one who pays for the cable TV, if I were you, I would resist watching those shows in her presence. I know this is limiting, but I also think it must feel very uncomfortable and emabarrassing for you to do it under those circumstances.

Hey, do you think that these shows are really that important for you?

Cheers,

JC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
(male)

IMMY779 HB User

well the thing is i only get at moast 5 or 6 hours for the week in the living room to wach my tv moastly foot ball(GO COWBOYS), music shows and the shows i mentioned, and theres no way i can wach my shows with out here being in teh room cause theay stop playing the new episodes after 10, while she gets the whole week to wach what ever she wants and i dont know why it bothers her and she knows im not gay cause im always with a girl, hanging out and doing stuff with.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User

Yeah, this is just a part of life, dude. You're the child, she is the parent. You need to listen to your mom. It is her house, not yours. You might live there but that is only temporary. TV shows are not that important. Maybe you can go to a friend's house to watch them, if possible? Otherwise just let it go, find something else to do with your time. Your mom can watch whatever she wants and she should be able to watch whatever she wants. When you are the parent someday and it is your house, then you can pick the TV shows. Your mom had to wait her whole life to get control of the TV and so do you. It is the way life works.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

Do you have your own TV in your bedroom? The holidays are coming up, is there any way your mom could get you your own digital cable box? My brother had one, I think it was an extra ten or twenty dollars a month, something like that.

There is nothing more annoying than trying to watch a TV show and having someone TALK throughout the whole thing. I think that's really rude of your mother to do that. But if she knows it bothers you and still won't stop, I guess there isn't anything you can do, except to keep nicely asking if she'll please be quiet, and remind her that you don't talk through the shows she likes to watch.

Closed Thread