It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

mommypynk HB User
Cool payback feels good.

ok so im being really childish and i know that this probably wont seem that amusing to anyone els..but i did something today that has had me laughing all day long...my ex has been a real jerk and if you have read any of my threads you would probably agree..he had all of our bills in my name. not one bill was in his name.....so today i called all of the service providers and had everything shut off.... i know that probably sounds really rediculous to some of you, but it made me feel better...out of all the bad he has done and the bad days i have had, i havent frowned all day.... he has been emailing me like crazy, trying to get me to give him an address to where me and my daughter are, putting me down, trying to make me feel guilty.....he tried to tell me he cried because i took our daughter with me....wait...he never plays with her, he doent change or feed her....now he misses and cries for her....everything about his life when we were there was all about his drugs and his friends.. i dont want that for my daughter i want real role models.......but he lies and he cheated and pushed us around and he expects me to believe him now? he has lost his mind and by the sound of today, i think i might of lost mine! anyway, drop me a couple lines and tell me what you think.....and yeah if you think i was a little childish feel free to tell me about that too. thanx.......mandy.............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
(female)

thesedays HB User
Re: payback feels good.

not childish at all .....as a matter of fact, quite the opposite, probably the best thing you could have done.

when I got divorced, everything was in my name and I waited 3 months, giving him time to get things in his name, etc .....well, he sure did, but that was after he ran all the bills up and stuck ME with a $900 electric bill, a $600 phone bill and a $200 water bill !!

So what, you got some satisfaction out of it !! Good for you, and good for you for protecting yourself.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

I did the same thing with my ex. It was funny. But, before I did it, before I went through with it I felt really bad.. guilt. But, I don't remember what pushed me to do it, but one day I shut everything off. I felt relieved. Then stressed when I realized I had to pay off those bills... and they weren't cheap. I should of shut everything off AS SOON AS I MOVED OUT! But I gave him time trying to be nice. I think I just said what the poster above me said. lol..

Good for you!

Last edited by Ms_ENV27; 10-18-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:11 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User

Well, I think it was totally reasonable to turn off the services in your name. You don't want your credit to be affected if he doesn't pay them. I think that is just the right thing to do. He can have things set up again if he is responsible enough to do that. His electricity and water are really none of your business anymore.

Congrats on letting go!!

Old 10-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ILYF HB User

You should have done this asap!!!!!!!! You should never have anything in your name that you have no control over. I know you did this for spite but you should have done this for your own good. Does he have anything else that's in your name? GET IT OUT OF YOUR NAME NOW!!!!!

Old 10-18-2006, 02:48 PM   #6
(female)

mommypynk HB User

it felt really good to do this and i needed to get it done....and then to add to what i just did and the frustration, i sent him an email....asking him if anyone had called for me....anyway, i will be back to fill you all in some more later...baby needs some more attention....lol...she is ssooooo cute....

Old 10-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
(female)

RiAnne HB User

he's lying about everything he's saying. he just wants to see if you'll give in and turn the stuff back on.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #8
(female)

mommypynk HB User

you wouldnt believe the crap he is trying to fill my head with now.....like he didnt want us to break up....he thinks it was best but he didnt want it to happen. that he wishes we couldve worked through everything....how dumb does he think i am? i would never go back to him ever.....he flat out admitted that he is still smoking marajuana and drinking...what does he want? if he doesnt want me and he didnt want his daughter(or at least doesnt want to do right by her) if he knows he is a loser than why would he feed me all of this junk, he knows we were the best thing to happen to him. i dont know...i just really want to stay strong in my discission not to get back with him and i dont think i would go back to him, but i dont know what im going to think in three or four months from now..................................... .......any advice?? ideas...........please............i think im having an ******* relaps...............sorry for the language......im just really out of it i guess

Old 10-20-2006, 06:27 PM   #9
(female)

kendram HB User

he...he...he... I think it's funny!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Good for you!

Old 10-20-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
(female)

Tiea HB User

Haha, that's wonderful. Serves him right for what he did to you!

Edit.. I just saw that it says you're from Denver, CO. I've just come back from there, beautiful place!

Last edited by Tiea; 10-20-2006 at 07:12 PM.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #12
(female)

mommypynk HB User

ok i need some real help here.....i just keep digging myself deeper and deeper..i was having problems with my ex...well still am..........i cant figure out why he still gets to me or why im still in love with him..but i decided i needed a break from colorado, so i came to see my mother in virginia......well my mom is great its just that she is overly religous...she is muslim and lives with the emam, which is like a preacher or preist....so they are pushing really hard....i need to wear hijab and watch the language and smoke out side....thats not the goofy part though....they want me to marry......there are 5 or 6 men who want to marry me and my mom is pushing.....i dont want to get married i dont even want to date right now...i have tried to tell my mother that i dont want to be blindly religous....i have plenty of time for that i just have other major priorities right now, like getting a job , an apartment , a lawyer, a car , food and clothing for my daughter.........college for me and her when the time comes and eventually i would like to date. not marry .,..i want love before marriage............way before marriage......i have tried to drop small hints and tried to explain nicely, and tried to make jokes,,,,but im starting to stress more now than before.......i have no idea now what i am going to do,,,,everyone is sooooo nice and i dont want to disrespect them or dissapoint them but i just cant do this right now.....................please someone say something.........................please .........................and i am sorry if i offended anyone....

Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 AM   #13
(female)

mommypynk HB User
Angry Re: payback feels good.

why does my love life suck

Old 10-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #14
(female)

Iwant2quit HB User

All I can say is do what you believe you should do! I have heard allot of your religion and I can say marrying just because is not a good reason to marry, it will only lead you to ANOTHER DISASTER! So take your time and find someone you are happy with. Dating someone your parents fix you up with might be ok, but don't go into it with the idea of marriage. Marriage takes time, it doesn't happen over nite! PLease slow down and take care of YOUR FEELINGS! LUV YA GOOD NITE

Closed Thread