It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 06:12 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User
Would you be angry if.....

Would you be angry if someone who you consider to be one of your best friends rarely told you anything detailed about their life/feelings. I have a friend (who is male, but he has a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend and there is absolutely no romantic feelings involved), anyway, he will tell me how is down in the dumps, or he has a lot on his mind, but he rarely goes into detail about what is wrong or what is on his mind. This really bothers me and I don't know why, I don't know if I have the right to be bothered by it. I feel like he should tell me close to everything. Last night for example, he sent me a text around 2am saying he couldn't sleep because he has alot on his mind, when I pressed further to find out what it was, he just said it's "stuff". Another example is that he is going to be proposing to his girlfriend soon and he has this big thing planned but he refuses to tell me anything about it. I feel like I want to say to him today that talking to him is a waste of my time, but I don't know if i should. Do I have a right to be bothered by this?

Old 10-20-2006, 06:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User
Re: Would you be angry if.....

Oh i should add one more thing too. He got mad at me the other day and when I asked why he wouldn't tell me, he said it's nothing. That really bothered me that he couldn't even tell me why he got mad at me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Willapp HB User
Re: Would you be angry if.....

It's hard to say based on what you've told us, but the only thing I can think of is that maybe he does have some feelings for you and that is what is stopping him from being more open with you, in case it makes the feelings develop further (i.e. you become more initmate when he shares more personal stuff).

On a similar note, it could be because the stuff is related to his girlfriend, and he feels that it wouldn't be right him sharing it with you - perhaps his girlfriend has made it clear that she doesn't want him discussing their personal issues with anyone (let alone another female).

Just possibilities though, otherwise I've no idea. He might just not find it easy to talk about these issues.

Closed Thread