It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
(male)

DomesticPenguin HB User
moody blues

It seems to me that if we take some time on our own, learn how to be self reliant and independent we can make better relationship partners. I got seriously involved at a very young age. When the fire burns really hot in the beginning, it doesn't seem to last long. In my case a huge void was left behind. Two people coexisting that didn't really know themselves, never mind how to offer something other than general roommate type companionship to each other. I never thought marriage could be such a lonely place. We change so much and life is so dynamic that I don't know what would equip a long-term relationship to survive all of this.

Sorry this is a bit abstract. It is my nature to over-intellectualize things. What do you think?

Old 10-21-2006, 02:25 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

brazilman HB User
Re: moody blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomesticPenguin

Sorry this is a bit abstract. It is my nature to over-intellectualize things. What do you think?
Well, no, I think this is all right. Thanks for sharing.

I don't seem to have an answer, but perhaps a clue. Do you remember the old saying: "Familiarity breeds contempt"? So, maybe if we were able to maintain a certain dose of mystery in our relationship, for example, assuming that you are unable to know everything about the other party and therefore cannot dominate him or her, then maybe it would last. This is about trust: you don't know everything about the other, but you trust them.

I think it also helps if the couple has similar likes or dreams or projects which make them strive together.

JC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread