It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

redzy233 HB User
I just need a break!

Ever feel like you just need to get away for a few days??

I love my fiance, there's no doubt about that, but lately....we have been suck jerks to each other. I don't even really know why we are so sour with one another! We have fallen into a boring routine I guess....he gets up, showers, starts getting dressed then I get up to shower...by the time I'm out, he has made tea for both of us, and he is staring lifelessly at the TV morning news. No "good morning", no "how did you sleep?", no morning kiss....it's just "I have to see a client this afternoon, so I need the car". Or, "do you have money? I need some" Now, I'm not a morning person either...I don't say much, but I at least try to give him a kiss, with that he turns his head so I end up kissing his cheek and not blocking the TV.

We both work until 4:30, get home at 5pm, he plunks himself in front of the computer, and I start dinner. By the time it's ready, he isn't finished with the computer, and his dinner gets cold. He complains it's cold. He goes back on the computer. I run errands or watch TV. Then we go to bed.

This is my life 5 days a week. On the weekend, we do errands and we clean the apartment, and maybe watch a movie. The rest, homework from our part-time courses and more computer time for him. I go do whatever else. Week starts all over again.

So, my question is....

Is it wrong to just pack up and take off for a couple of days by myself? He probably wouldn't care, he just sits in front of his computer day and night. I complain that he spends too much time on his computer, and he gives me the "I spend LOTS of time with you, I don't get ENOUGH time on my computer" speech of his. No matter what I say, I just don't get through to him. There's nothing to do in the city we live in, and he's "too busy" to go on a getaway with me (Plus it's always "too expensive" where I want to go....)

So, screw 'em. I'll just go myself...but I wonder, will this just make it worse? Or, will it finally get his attention?

I'm so freakin' bored, I'm doing all the housework, and I'm not getting any sex.

I just want some wine and sit in a hot tub somewhere nice....and maybe I had dinner made FOR me, with no complains of it being expensive. I don't hear about how crappy work is this week, and there is no friggin computer in sight. Is that too much?

You tell me.

Redzy~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User
Re: I just need a break!

I don't think that's asking too much at all. From the sound of it, you could really use a nice vacation!

You know, you may want to take a closer look at this relationship before you and your fiance take the plunge and get married. What if he doesn't change? Do you want to live like this for the rest of your life?

Why don't you confront him? Ask him if he really thinks things can continue like this. You're unhappy, and you need to let him know. If nothing changes then, sadly, maybe you two need to move on.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User

No, I don't think it's too much at all. It would probably be your best move right now. Have fun!

Old 10-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
(female)

redzy233 HB User

Thanks for your replies. I talked to him. He agreed to take me away on a nice weekend getaway. I just have to see how the weekend goes now...we are going through a rocky time right now. Believe me, I'm not stupid, I won't get married unless I'm sure I really want to.

~Redzy

Closed Thread