It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 07:52 AM   #1

Babyblueeyes21 HB User
why does my guy....

why does my guy talk about his ex alot...

She was is first and on and only serious long term girl before me...he met his best friend through her and is still friends with his ex's sister (which was his best friends gf at the time) - Ok so him and his best friend dated the sister just to clarify - LOL

So when we are all together as a group - him me his best friend and new gf those guys constantly talk abot the girls - nothing good nothing bad just stories - WHY!! - like i dont sit there and talk about my ex with my girls when he is there - is he thinking bout her this much??

Old 10-23-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: why does my guy....

It could very well just be reminissing with his friends. Nothing more than that. Unless he's talking about how great she was as a girlfriend, or how great she is period, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

As women, we tend to over analyze EVERYTHING, where guys are much more simple than females are! A man's thought process is black or white, women are one giant grey area!! We're much more complex than we need to be!

So unless he starts talking about her in a comparrison to you sort of way, I would try not to read too far into it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 AM   #3

Babyblueeyes21 HB User

yeah - just stories - dumb things - and about her health - she was diabetic - and how crazy things were - i dunno - i know the way she had him wrapped around her finger - ya im over analyzing this...LOL

Thanks Jen

Old 10-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

Well...I wouldn't put up with someone who frequently talked about his ex in front of me, no matter the context. Have you ever told him, "Look, I don't like hearing about your ex all the time, could you have a little respect for my feelings please?" If he doesn't stop or doesn't really care, well then it's up to you to decide if you want to put up with it or not.

Closed Thread