It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User
Thinking a bit...

Some posts lately have gotten me thinking about guys in my life currently.

One in particular I am confused about and would like some help.
I have known him for about 2 years and been friends with for about a year. Over the last year we have gone to dinner, gone for drinks, done lunch...etc. We talk on the phone and email with both of us initiating it at one time or another. Granted we don't talk like every night or anything though. There are also long stretches in between when we go out sometimes. Everytime either of us goes on a trip we always ask how it was. When he just got back from one now (he had gone to see his parents) and he told me all about it. Every detail....

We have hugged but never kissed or anything more for that matter. I am 24 he is 36. He hasn't dated in 2 years due to some bad breakups. He is opening a store in addition to his day job and says he doesn't really want to date until that gets off its feet. I gave up on a relationship after he made that statement to me.
I have been single for over a year now. I have been keeping busy and making my life better and enjoying it but I can't help but wonder about him some still.
I really thought he liked me at one point but now he is so busy. My question is did he or does he truly like me? If nothing else do you think he does cherish me as at least friends? I have a somewhat rose colored vision of him because I do like him and just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Any conclusions or ideas about him would be great. I am not really looking for a boyfriend right now and leaving all my doors option but I still wonder about what it would be like with him.

Last edited by gamecock360; 10-23-2006 at 08:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

brazilman HB User
Re: Thinking a bit...

Hi

May I step in here?

First, I don't see how establishing his business would get in the way of his personal life. How come he is focused only on building his future! Can't he make time to have a little fun, too, in the present? Unless he thinks that having you as his girl-friend would be overwhelming, that you would rob him of all his precious time, I think this sounds like a lame excuse.

He is 36, isn't he? About time he started to think about settling down, no?

And what about when his business "gets off its feet"? Do you think he will manage to have a little window of his time for you? How much do you think would be enough for you?

My impression is that he is way too business-minded, and would certainly carry this on into any personal relationship, making it suffer.

Or, on second thoughts, he might simply not be interested in you romantically speaking, or maybe not in any particular woman at all. Ok, I can't vouch for this, but a man can be a gentleman and a man can be respectful and a man can be polite, but a man is not made of iron. If he won't make any advances, he will at least drop a hint.

I may be wrong, but it seems that nothing coming from this guy shows he has at least a crush on you.

My two cents.

Best.

JC

Old 10-23-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User

He has me completely confused. He claims he wants to retire early and I think some of his past relationships have damaged him to where he likes his space.
However, I have been told when a guy likes a girl he at least tries to make time.
So you think he DOES have a crush or DOES NOT? I didn't quite understand that last sentence.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

brazilman HB User

Hi

Sorry for my English. I meant to say that, in my opinion, he had no crush on you.

Best.

JC

Old 10-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User

Thank you very much for your reply. It's just so confusing. I have already decided to move on. None of it makes sense to me. My work used his work (contracting) and that professional relationship was strained due to my boss and all he was worried about was if it would hurt mine and his relationship/friendship.
Who knows....maybe one day it will make sense.

Closed Thread