It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User
ok so I get it now :)

I met a guy
And I finally remember what it is like when you are treated how you SHOULD be if a guy is interested. All of these posts "does he like me or not?" (especially mine, hehe)...well, lets just say I guess I realized after this weekend that, if I have to ask that, its probably more along the lines of 'he doesn't'.

I met this guy in a restaurant when my 3 girlfriends and I were drinking at the bar waiting for our table. We were getting really into our cocktails which were quite elaborate, trying different ones and just enjoying our conversation- totally a girls night out. My friend casually mentioned that this guy had been checking me out for about 15 min. and I should say sometihng to him already (I hadnt even noticed). He was sitting by himself with an empty seat between us, so I just struck up a conversation (I think about his wine, haha). Then, since he was sitting by himself, I invited him to join us -after checking with my friends of course.

Long story short, he came over about 5 min later and joined us. We totally hit it off and he went out the rest of the night with us. He kept complimenting me, telling me I was gorgeous and that he had to sit at the bar for 5 minutes in shock b/c he was so surprised that I had actually asked him to join us and he was in awe of the situation (he said that had never happened to him before, especially by a 'girl like me').

Anyway, I think I realize now that when a guy likes you he LETS YOU KNOW. Its been so long and Ive been so heartbroken and healing for so many months that I think I was into pursuing the wrong guys just for a quick fix. This guy is a bit weird (quirky maybe?)...I think it is mainly that he is a little nervous which makes him act a bit awkward, but it makes me laugh. In a way its kinda cute. Hes not perfectly my type to the point where its too good to be true...but i havent felt this instant compatibility in a loooong time, especially after just meeting someone. I dont want to get way ahead of myself, but thats how I feel.

So in the course of 3 days (met him Fri.) he has called me the day after I met him, and today he asked me to get together with him Fri (and its Monday so that is pretty far in advance imo). He also asked me for my number at least 3 times to make sure I wouldnt forget to give it to him, which I made fun of him for (but thought it was kinda cute).

Now this stuff would freak me out if I really wasnt into the guy, but I like him. So I dont want to get super-excited and jinx the situation, as he could easily turn into a psycho at any point. But I am glad to have a situation like this to remind me that THIS is what a guy acts like when hes interested.
So I guess I just wanted to not only share my excitement, but I also think that, for all the girls that are wondering if a guy is into you or not, remember the times when a guy was really into you. Because Ive only instantly clicked with very few men in my life thus far- maybe 3 or 4, and the rest of them that have made me so uncertain and overanalytical arent the people I want to be with- I want to be with someone who treats me like I am DESIRED. And this is reminding me whats it is like and I almost regret the time I wasted on guys that were so elusive and hard to read.
So...I dont know? We'll see how this goes!

Last edited by lady346; 10-23-2006 at 06:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mismax HB User
Re: ok so I get it now :)

Hey Citygirl! I'm so happy for you. Looks like things are finally going better for you. You are so correct in feeling like you wasted your time on guys who weren't "in" to you. For the most part you can tell right away if a guy is into you or not. That is why I have stopped worrying and overanalyzing everything with this guy I've sort of been seeing. I told him what I needed to say and left it at that. Keep me/us posted about this new guy. I hope all goes well for you. Ciao!

Old 10-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User
Re: ok so I get it now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygirl23
I want to be with someone who treats me like I am DESIRED. And this is reminding me whats it is like and I almost regret the time I wasted on guys that were so elusive and hard to read.
The trick is to remember this during the good times.............but even more strongly during the bad times, because that's when we all need to realize this the most.
BTW, congrats on meeting a great guy.

Last edited by eve40; 10-24-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Closed Thread