It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
(male)

ken40 HB User
Dreaming About An Ex...what Does It Mean????

I woke up thinking of her (an ex I haven't seen in over 20 years) thanks to a recurring dream that revolves around the fact that I cant call her. I have it regularly. I physically cant call the number. like my fingers wont work. Its stupid, but hey, that is what dreams are, right? They make absolutely no sense, but still have some underlying meaning. I just know I wake up missing her and it stays with me all day.

Any feedback on what this dream could mean? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ken40; 10-25-2006 at 08:57 AM.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
(female)

kendram HB User
Re: Dreaming about an ex girlfriend...what does it mean????

I don't know what it means, but I do the same thing. As a matter of fact, I dreamed about an ex last night. The thing is, I am happily married so I don't know why I do it!! I will keep up with this post and hopefully I will get an answer too!! Just know your not the only one that does this!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 08:58 AM   #3
(male)

ken40 HB User

Wow, strange....I am married too KENDRAM. Have been for the last 13 years.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
(female)

PeytonP HB User

Do you still have strong feelings for this ex from 20 years ago?

It could be a sort of "trapped" feeling. Like you would LIKE to connect, but due to your marriage, her relationship, etc., you feel you can't/shouldn't.

I have an ex from the past I still have feelings for. Just never completely got over him, I guess. Mannnnny years ago I had the weirdest dream that a floppy hat was caught in the wind, circle-ing over and over in the air. It ended up caught against a picket fence, pressed flat from the wind...outside the yard of my ex's home (weird, in that he had no picket fence there - so I know what you mean about dreams. LOL ).

I told a friend about it - who is into dreams. She felt the hat represented me/my convulted feelings (guilt, confusion, etc., since I AM very happily married and DO love my husband) and getting stuck against the fence was part of the "can't go there" representation.

If you google about lost loves, there's a message board out there that focues on this dynamic. People still stuck on ex's from long ago. Maybe someone there can interpret your dream for you?

It's such a crazy feeling, isn't it?

Old 10-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #5
(male)

ken40 HB User

I dated her back in high school. We met when we were 14 and were together on and off all through high school. I guess you could say we were each other's "first" in many ways. First kiss, first touch, etc. -- I find myself thinking back about those days and catch myself thinking about her often.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #6
(female)

kendram HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken40
Wow, strange....I am married too KENDRAM. Have been for the last 13 years.

Yes, that is strange!! I have been married for 9 years!!

Closed Thread