It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #1

Babyblueeyes21 HB User
Did I do the right thing...

Hey Guys...

I just moved out onto my own in Sept. Me and my roommate were in the elevator one day and two guys that were moving in too said hi and introduced themsleves and said hey ya come by for a beer sometime. So we left it at that.

Weeks went by and we settled in and its a small building so occasionally i see the one guy in passing - we say hi and bye and one day i had a heavy package which i was having trouble carrying - so freindly as he is he helped me carry it to my door. again why do u girls come by for a beer sometimes im in apartment such and such. ya ya ok....Which i wouldnt do cause i dont feel its right as im with my bf - i didnt want to be rude to i was like cool - that was it

So i see him today as i get home from work he is too - he says he how r u and such - and says he came by to our apartment to say hi but we werent home. I said ya we arent home much....so as the elevator door closes and he gets off hes like so u guys home tonight and not even thinking i was like yeah yeah - he was like ok maybe i will stop by....door closes - YIKES -first off i have no attraction to him - second off i have a wonderful bf whom i dont think would feel very nice if some dude showed up at my door with beer as he was there to see me. So....

First off i dont want him hanging around - its not like he was a friend of mine before i met my SO and second i dont want my SO to start feeling worried about this guy....

So hahahaha - i called my dad! and took his advice

I went to his apartment cause he always reminded us of where he lived knocked on his door and said hey just want to let u know we wont be home tonight - ya i have plans with my BOYFRIEND!

that was it - i didnt want to be rude and i didnt want to not let him know i had a bf....im going to tell my bf in a funny way about this guy cause we have a very honest relationship - but did i do the right thing - i feel like i should have said no when the guy invited himself over in the elevator but i didnt think about it cause i thought he was just making casual conversation about so ya what r ur plans sorta thing....ahhh i hate this - i take things way too heart i just love my bf so much and want to do teh right thing

Last edited by Babyblueeyes21; 10-25-2006 at 05:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 AM   #2
(male)

JBravo556 HB User
Re: Did I do the right thing...

You did the right thing. If I were your boyfriend I would be very happy that you handled it this way.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User
Re: Did I do the right thing...

Sure I think that was fine. I'm guessing that the guys in your apartment probably find you and your roommate attractive and that's why they want to hang out, and it might be leading them on to do that. You probably should have been honest with them from the very beginning though and politely told them you had a boyfriend.

Closed Thread